Sunday, May 10, 2009

One Semester Down, Two Classes to Go

As of a few minutes ago, I put the finishing touches on my last final project of the semester. This means that I have one summer school class and one independent study that I am doing this summer until I have done all of the school work for a Special Ed endorsement. I also have four tests that I am taking at different times this summer. After that, I am certifiably a Special Ed teacher. One cool thing about most education classes is that there are no final tests, yay! I had to knock out three projects but they went smoothly and I expect a 4.0 again this semester.

In other news, I am moving ahead with getting a modest house for myself. The townhouse I am looking at was made in 1980 but has been revamped on the inside. It is listed for $78,900 but I am going to initially make an offer for $70,000. I do not expect the owners to give it to me for that and figure the final cost of the home will be somewhere near $74,000. I am hoping they will end up covering the closing costs as well. This may sound like a lot to hope for but I know the house has been on the market for almost a year due to the crappy economy. I considered renting but for what my monthly payment on this place will end up being, it is almost pointless to throw my money down a rat hole. Financially, I know I can make all of the needed payments and I will be meeting with my bank later this week to make sure everything is in order there. Oh yeah, the place I am looking at is a two bedroom, one bathroom townhouse in Boise. It isn't fancy but it will be good for me and in the future, will make a great rental property when I get something better.

Overall, stuff has been going well lately. I am getting more clients at work which translates to more money. School is all but taken care of so I should be getting a teaching job this Fall or next Spring. I have also been dating more. This has happened with mixed results but hey, at least I am dating.

Oh oh, for anyone who has known me for a while, you know I have a small demon dog named, Lucky. I know there are those of you out there with scars and nightmares of him but you can all rest easier now. Lucky is being put down on Friday. He is 14.5 years old and deaf and blind. He also has bladder issues and we think his joints are putting him in pain most of the time so my family decided he needed to retire. I expect my mom to be inconsolable this weekend.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger dustin said...

Glad to know things are going well for ya. Sorry to hear about Lucky; he was always a good boy when I was around.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

It sounds like you were the "lucky" one then. :) Good luck with the wedding, I wish I could have made it over to attend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home