Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Well, it is Thanksgiving. Today has been pretty interesting for me.

First, this has been pretty fun because for the first time in a couple of years, I am actually celebrating the holiday properly, with the correct food. Japanese people have problems conceptualizing a bird bigger than a chicken, therefore, find a turkey there was pretty much out of the question.

The other thing that is fun is this is the first holiday season that I am getting to view my family as a group of adults. My family is evolving and aging. Once, this was a holiday for me to play video games and put up with my younger cousins and brother. Now, my youngest cousin is eighteen and my other cousin became a father a couple of days ago. I know times are changing for a couple of reasons other than that: A) I played football B)During the football game my brother had to leave to take his very pregnant wife to the hospital.

Times are definitely changing but for the better. We are all a tad older but we all get along very well. I am thankful for being able to spend a holiday with my entire family and have all of us enjoy each others' company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home