Friday, September 19, 2008

Interview = Aced

Yesterday, I got up pretty early and soaked in the jacuzzi tub for a bit to try to calm my nerves a tad. I then watched a couple episodes of the Simpsons and that also helped to ease the tension that I had coursing through me. I am not sure why I get nervous for interviews because I am pretty sure I do well in them. Either way, I was definitely nervous.

I got to the school ten minutes early and the principal was ten minutes late in getting done with the interviewee before me. Once I got in there and started talking to him, it was easy. The answers I gave were what he wanted to hear I think and I know I impressed him several times during our chat. It helped that he was Japanese and has been to Japan several times. I knew where his family lived in Japan and he knew roughly where I had lived. We spoke a little Japanese and talked about traveling around the country. When he asked me the question that pertained to the job, I think I answered them to the best of my ability and he agreed with me on my answers. All in all, the interview didn't last long but I think I did well. At least, as well as I was capable of doing.

Now comes the waiting game. This doesn't bother me nearly as much as the days going into the interview did because I know from this point on, the ball is out of my court and I have done all I can do. I know there are sixteen other candidates for the job but on paper I would guess I look better than at least half of them due to my Special Education stuff and the work I do now. What will keep me from getting this job is if there is someone with more experience than me or someone that had an insanely great interview. I thought mine went pretty well but who knows, other people probably interview better than me. Anywho, I will find out on Tuesday if I got the position. I hope I get it but if I don't I will probably feel crappy for a day or two and then get over it. I like the job I have now and I know that once I get all of my Special Ed stuff done, I will get a teaching job for sure, it is just a matter of time.

When I find out more, I will post it!

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger H said...

I hope you get it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home