Sunday, September 28, 2008

Guess I Didn't Get It

So the high school that I interviewed at never even called me back to tell me that I didn't get the job. This irritates me, not so much because I didn't land the sweet teaching position I was hoping for but more because they didn't have the common decency to call and tell me.

So now I guess it is back to life as usual. This week has been pretty sweet. Work has been going well and my boss is happy that I am still her employee. Last night, Jim and I went to the Idaho International Film Festival to watch a funny show called, Tokyo Gore Police. It was basically an absurdly bloody Japanese slasher movie that was so gory it was funny.

Someone that I don't mention very much on here but have been hanging out with a lot is my friend/girlfriend, Malia. It is kind of difficult to explain our relationship because we technically broke up after going out for about a month but that didn't change very much in terms of our practical relationship. Malia and I are pretty much perfect for each other...if it were not for the fact that she is Mormon and I am not. This has made for a somewhat confusing relationship. I think now, we have basically come to the conclusion that we just are not going to think of us in terms of going out or not going out, but we are just going to hang out until the whole relationship breaks down or one of us finds someone else. It sounds very pessimistic when I put it that way but both of us are pretty realistic in terms of the chances of this working out due to religious differences. Either way, I enjoy whatever it is that I have with her and I have been spending a lot of time with her as of late.

Not too much else to report, everything is going pretty well. Tony and I leave for Ben's wedding in two weeks and I am getting excited for that. Ben's wedding is a win-win situation for several reasons. First and foremost, Ben is getting married and that is pretty freakin' cool. Second, he is getting married in California and that means that I will be eating In N Out sometime in the near future. Third, Tony and I get to have a little road trip in order to get to the wedding and I am happy for that because Tony and I don't get to hang out as much as we used to.

Anywho, I didn't get the job but if you can't tell, I am not overly shaken up about it. I will just keep going to school and eventually I will get the teaching job that I want. Everything else is joyfully moving right along!

2 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I`m Ewa & I`ve been reading your blog for a while. I started because I was interested in the part when you were working for Peppy Kids Club in Japan - you see, I`ve been working for them since July. :) And I remember you mentioned that you had a topic "japanese education system" for the presentation. Well I have the same one now and I was thinking how to do it so that not to bore everybody. :) Can you give me some hint? I tried to look in the net but couldn`t find a lot (not to mention library with a few books in English in general - I`m in Kurashiki). Sorry, if that`s the wrong place to wirte such things, but I couldn`t find any other way to contact you on this webpage.
Thank you for your help in advance.
My mail (just in case) is: ryathe_@hotmail.com

Cheers! :)

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks....I appreciate the effort you`ve put into responding in any way.

but still disappointing.

Ewa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home