Monday, July 14, 2008

First Day Of School

Well, today I went back to school. It was interesting in a lot of ways and very invigorating. I only had one class today because my other summer school class has been canceled due to only three other people signing up.

This is going to sound cocky and maybe a tad arrogant but I am pretty confident I am smarter than almost everyone in my class. Albeit, the class only has 11 or 12 people in it but I think I could outscore at least 8 of them on any test or paper we have. They are all nice people but they all seem very inept for graduate students. Now I am starting to understand why the chair of special ed wanted me to start my Masters.

Having said that, I am feeling a little bit bad for being mean but I am serious when I say, gone are the days when only the people that were actually intelligent got Masters degrees.

I like being back in school, so much so I think I am going to go talk to the Japanese department and see what I would need to do to either get into 200 or 300 level Japanese. I am starting to forget what I learned while in Japan and that bothers me. It may bother me enough to drop a ton of money to keep studying it. That and if I take the classes and then test for it, I can teach it and that can't be bad.

After school Jim and I went out to lunch and that was nice. Then I came home and was still feeling all productive so I watered all of the plants in the house and then proceeded to sort MP3s for almost 4 hours. Tonight, I feel like I made a dent in the music collection so that is good. So many songs, so little time to properly tag and name all of them.

Oh, one more thing about class. I am the only guy in the class. The downside is that all of the women are either my mom's age or spoken for...or not my type. There was one girl that kind of stood out but was disqualified for historical reasons. Why do I always end up liking cute girls named Becca that work at hospitals?

2 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, that whole intelligence v. post-graduate degrees conundrum is disheartening.

You should do the Japanese classes, screw your budget! Follow your heart. Or your mind. :)

I want to take Mandarin Chinese for my Area I core classes if I can fit 'em in. Sweeet...

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

I have actually been talking to the lady that teaches that class almost everyday. Her class uses my classroom before my class. She is a nice and funny lady, take Mandarin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home