Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dreams of Pixel Pub

For almost six hours now, I have sat in my video game store and have done absolutely nothing. I think a dozen people have been in here all day and not all of them bought stuff. This is boredom at its finest.

My thing is, why are the owners of this place letting this stand? Why would you own a business that you are losing money hand over fist on? I have seen some evidence to show that this store is probably not going to be around forever and I can't really blame them. The part that sucks is that if the video game store closes some people are going to be out of a job that could use the money. I am not one of those people, but some people will get the shaft.

I kind of want to open up and run a game store just to show these people how a real game store should be run. The major difference between my game store and theirs is that mine would have a full bar. I would call it Pixel Pub and also have a small vintage arcade on the side of it as well. My boss here used to be a bar tender and so did his brother, Teddy and two other people that work here could run the game store , and I could float between the two. No, I haven't thought about this much. The only real downside is that Idaho has a bunch of pain in the ass liquor laws that would make the bar a chore to open. But it would be fun and I would bet we could get some decent business. The geek culture of Boise is lacking in a good adult oriented hangout and I could provide that niche.

Now, I just need a bunch of startup money and a liquor license.

2 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Blondie... said...

I almost would not publish what I would name that bar if I were you...it is truly catchy and I think it would be a fantastic place! We have the arcades with bars but an actual video game store with a bar...hell I would go spend time there!

Btw... Nixed the blog, still have facebook and myspace...

I got an iPhone today!!!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Enjoy it, they are fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home