Thursday, February 07, 2008

Homesick

I really miss Japan right now and wish I could go back to my home there. I don't know why but for the past couple of days I have kind of felt like this. Things here are so strange now and I am not sure how much I fit in.

I feel like I talk about Japan all the time and I feel bad for it because no one else I talk to understands what I am talking about. I think if I could find more Japanese people to talk to here I would feel better. I miss them.

I guess this is all part of the readjustment process but it sucks. I feel like I don't have a home at the moment and I feel like I am getting tired of the vacation and should be heading back home but I can't go back. Just feel kind of depressed; it being my birthday and all doesn't help too much. Doesn't feel like my birthday and I don't particularly want it to be.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I am sure I will feel better after I get some sleep. Night!

3 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out shamalamaland.blogspot.com

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went through the same thing after my visit to Afghanistan. Yeah, it sucks. I'm still going through it a little, I think.

Experiences shape our way of thinking, and your years in Japan certainly shaped some of yours. You are not talking about Japan all of the time, at least not to me.

Find things to take pictures of around here. That may help a little.

You rock dude, and I for one am glad to have you back. Friday night there is an Obama fundraiser/party at the Neurolux. You should come with us, it will be fun. Five dollar cover and the stiffest drinks in the valley.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

I will be there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home