Sunday, January 27, 2008

This Post is Brought to You By: Jet Lag

So here I am, back in Idaho and wide awake. I like being wide awake, I just wish it wasn't at 3:41am. I got in around 3:45 yesterday afternoon and by the time 6:30 rolled around, I was dead to the world. For one reason or another, I was up at 2:30am and have been ever since.

Being an early riser hasn't been all bad though. I unpacked some of my stuff started to get my room looking somewhat livable. I also proceeded to do something I haven't done in a long time, get leftover pizza out of the fridge along with a pop and eat a very early breakfast.

Oh, fun story. When I woke up this morning, I didn't know where I was or why I was in a very fluffy and large bed. It took me several seconds to remember that I was in the United States and figure out why the ambient temperature of the room was very comfortable. Beds and central heating with good insulation are a welcome addition to my life.

I have to say, I am in a killer mood today. Yesterday, upon seeing Boise out of my airplane, I was smothered by a sense of impending doom and dread. A wave of depression washed over me and I wanted so badly to be back home in Japan. It wasn't that I wasn't happy to see my family again, it was just that Boise looked so small and I instantly felt like I was trapped in a box. Today, I feel much better so I am thinking that a lot of the bad vibes I was getting yesterday came from being very tired and hungry.

Tomorrow, I have my interview and I am getting excited/nervous about it. I am not worried so much about the interview itself, more of about what the job means to my immediate future. If I can snag this job, I can truly hit the ground running and that would take a lot of weight off of my shoulders right now. I think it would be a very interesting and rewarding job as well and definitely something I would like to try but right now, I am just concerned about the financial ramifications that are tied into this. Car loans, apartment/house shopping at some point, etc. Getting this job means that I can relax sooner than later. Not getting it means I get to seriously start job hunting.

One other thing that made my day very early on was an email I received from Ben, asking me to be the best man at his wedding later this year. I am so excited that he asked me and can't wait to help him out and support him. It will be a fun wedding I think, and it will be in California which means one thing, road trip.

Anywho, it's after 4am now so I think I will finish this up and see what else I can do in the wee hours of this new day in this new place.

5 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, homie. Give me a call when you have time.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For my own amusement, go to a local Wal-Mart and write a post about the experience. :D

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Easy T said...

I happened to be up that late on Saturday. Yep. I went to bed at 3:30 AM and woke up around 6:00 PM.

That means I'm up for a call if you're up that late.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Legend,

Good to hear your back in the hood. Good luck with the reverse culture shock. It took us MONTHS! Look after yourself, keep in touch. Can you get us Karie and Reid's email address? Peace out mofo.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ty!
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound! Wish we had better news about the reverse culture shock, but it took us months too, and to this day, we still come across situations that leave us saying "we wish we were still in Japan". There are definitely some things that we still miss, but overall, it's just an adjustment, much like going over was in the first place.
Anyway, you'll have to get in touch with your new number so we can chat soon!
Take care! Good luck settling in!
K&R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home