Friday, January 18, 2008

My Last Day Of Work

Well, it is here. I didn't think it would come this fast but the past couple of months have shot by at an alarming rate. I am going to go to sleep and when I wake up, I will teach my last day of classes and then come back here and start to seriously figure out how I am packing.

I am heading into Osaka on Sunday to meet the poor guy that is replacing me and getting a fat wad of cash from him for 80% of my worldly belongings in Japan. Seeing that most of my worldly belongings have something to do with cooking, they are pretty easy to part with. The joy of cooking is that you can do it anywhere at anytime with almost nothing if you absolutely have to. It is nice to know that my next domicile is equipped with a complete working kitchen however.

I met my favorite Japanese teacher for the last time today and she gave me a small photo album of all of the kids I teach. Me being the sap I am, almost cried. Almost. Tomorrow will be hard because all of my favorite kids at this school are Saturday kids and so I will see the last of them tomorrow. As much as they drive me nuts sometimes, I have gotten attached to them...even some of the completely nutcase ones that make me never want to have kids of my own for fear they will turn out half as bad as them. This is kind of when teaching kids sucks, either they move on or you do and you don't get to see them anymore. At the school I am at tomorrow, I have been these kids' teacher for the last two years and have gotten to know a lot of them and it will be sad not to be able to follow their lives anymore. The upside is that in teaching, the stream of kids is pretty much never ending and I know there will be others to take their place.

6 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be good to have you back, I am gnawing at the bit (and leg, and arm) to see Cloverfield.

There are currently 'openings' at my place of employment but they will hopefully be filled very soon. Still, if all else fails I can put in a good word for you and we *might* have room.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Jim and I were think Wednesday was a good night to hang out. If that works for you then we could go to the movie and then to Merritts.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can't wait and we can't last.
Hurry, Tyson! Hurry fast.

Board that plane, and loop de loop.
I still want a Hulla Hoop!

We can hardly stand the wait,
Please Tyson, don't be late!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Karie and Reid said...

Hey Ty!
Have a safe trip home! Good luck with all the baggage and shipping of items home! :)

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Thanks!!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i have to say i've loved dropping in and reading about your japan adventures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home