Monday, January 07, 2008

I Hate Moving

Lately, the whole getting excited to move back and feeling bad for leaving emotions have subsided and a general feeling of stress has replaced them. I hate moving. I loathe it. It is worse than buying a car or setting up cell phone service. Beh...I hate it.

Thanks to visitors and getting a car and whatnot, money is tight. Actually, "tight" isn't exactly a good adjective, "allocated" is probably a better one. Almost every single yen I have to my name is budgeted for something. Be it transportation for the next couple of weeks or bills that I know are coming at the end of the month, I have no cash to spare and it sucks.

Aside from the money, I have mostly been concerning myself over what I am throwing away and how much stuff is actually coming back with me. Fortunately, the guy that is replacing me has agreed that I should just leave all of the miscellaneous stuff I have and let him decide for himself whether or not he wants to keep it. That is fine with me because it means that I have to do less sorting and house cleaning stuff before I move. My biggest moving concern at the moment is how to get my desktop back to the US. I think I know how but I am not going to be happy about it until I know for sure it is going to fit; let's hear it for big luggage.

Japan is making it hard for me to cancel services as well. My cell phone service is proving to be almost impossible to quit correctly and the same goes with my internet. The internet is basically squared away but I am still working out how I am going to be paying my finals bills there. I do not want to not pay the money I owe them but they are putting me in a position that makes it extremely easy and consequence free. Right now this is where it stands, and I am quoting the internet service rep here, "You should just have a friend pay your final bills for you." They are trusting people, yet they wonder why most foreigners skip out on paying their final bills.

In other news, I had a really cool past few days. Jay from Videolamer and his girlfriend, Lou-Ellen(sp)came to crash with me for a few days and we had a lot of fun. I took them into Kyoto and Osaka and I think they enjoyed their brief but packed trip to Japan. While here, Jay and I decided we should find the Nintendo world headquarters and did so with almost no effort at all. After taking a few pics, we left because you can't get in for tours or anything. We also went to the top of the Kyoto Tower which is something I hadn't ever done so that was nice.

I was also happy to hear the news that Barack Obama won the Iowa elections. I refuse to vote for Hillary Clinton and all of the Republicans this time around look like tools, so Barack Obama it is. If he doesn't make the ballot at the end of the year, I probably won't be voting. I dig his plan for public education and I despise Hillary so Obama is my guy. Now he just has to win.

I found out a couple of days ago that the person I have been emailing about a possible job interview is happy with my resume and qualifications so now I definitely have an interview set up for a couple of days after I get back into town. I think it would be a good job for me because it is something I have never done before but think I would probably be good at and it will look great on my teaching resume. The people that I have been in contact with that work there also seem like great people and I am excited that I may get to work with them eventually. I guess we will see after my interview at the end of the month.

Lastly, tomorrow I start back to work. On one hand I am happy to get back to working because each day that passes is now one day less that I have to be here and I can see a very bright light at the end of the tunnel. On the other hand, after having three weeks off, the prospects of doing my job for a measly ten days before I leave just seem kind of like torture. I know this week will fly by but next week is going to drag on forever.

In celebration of almost being done, and the fact that Toby and his little brother wanted to drink, we had a party last night. Well, if you can call three guys going through a bottle of crazy strong pirate rum and two of the three guys passing out in a bathroom a party, that is what we had. By the end of the party, I had to take pictures because the events that unfolded needed to be captured for future generations to take warning from.

Behold:


That is Toby and Chuck passed out in Toby's bathroom. They drank a tad too much. Chuck decided to use the bathroom at which point, he "fell asleep" over the sink while propped up on the toilet. Toby, wanting to make sure Chuck was okay, went in to sit with him and then Toby "fell asleep" on Chuck while propped up on the side of the bathtub. It truly was a Kodak moment and a shining example of brotherly love.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ike good times right there

 

Post a Comment

<< Home