Monday, November 05, 2007

Feeling Campy

Well, after trip number three to the doctor's this morning I have found out the source of my issues. I have contracted an infection called, Campylobacteriosis. The name makes it sound much cooler than it actually is and the bacteria is somewhat common. Usually, when you get it, it goes away on its own after a little while. In extreme cases (me), you need antibiotics to flush it out of your system.

So now I am on new medication and within three days I should be back to normal. It looks like I have to go back to the doctor's one more time but it will just be for a follow-up and nothing major.

If you want to actually read more about Campy go here.

One good thing that has come from all of this is I don't think I am bothered all that much by doctors anymore. If I have to go to one in the US, at least he will be fluent in English.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger H said...

Oy, I hope the antibiotics work and you get to feeling better soon. NO MORE RAW CHICKEN FOR YOU!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Number one on that link for prevention is:

Cook all poultry products thoroughly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home