Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Taste Of Home

When I came to Japan,I left behind a lot of stuff. One thing I was glad to ditch was the stress. Work. Car Payments. Cell Phones. Insurance Payments. Rent/Mortgage. The expectations of my peers. Constantly having to be someone and doing something. Just everything. I am starting to remember that feeling again and I don't like it one bit.

Last night, right before bedtime, I finally got to chat with the guy that has my car. We got all of the financial details worked out and as I type this, my car is now covered and resting happily in a garage, patiently awaiting my return. I am for sure getting my beloved 2005 Matrix XRS back when I return. This is excellent new and an excellent situation all around. Its the car I want for a dang good price and now I do not have to worry about finding a car when I get back.

With the car though, comes the fact that I am going to need to get an auto loan within a few days of me getting back to Idaho. Since banks normally like lending money to people with jobs, I am going to have to find something post haste upon landing. Whether it is working at a movie rental place or well...anywhere, I am going to need a job. Just the thought of having to immediately jump into a job that I will most likely not have for very long worries me. The fact that I probably won't overly enjoy whatever job I may get further dismays me a tad. But I need a job.

Jobs like to have a way to contact you so this means I will need a cell phone. One more thing to add to the list. Cell phones, like cars, like it when you pay their bills on time so this comes back to needing a job. Do you see where I am going with this? I am not going to say that the last two years have been a vacation but they have been pretty darned easy and now I am jumping back into American culture and all of the good stuff and bad stuff that comes with it. So much for easing myself back into it all.

So I guess the bottom line is, if you know somewhere, anywhere that needs a guy to do something and will pay to have me do it, let me know. I don't know how likely it is but I would like to have something lined up when I land. Will this happen, I kind of doubt it but with an employment rate as low as Boise's, I am sure I can find something to get the money flowing until something I really want to do comes along.

And because asking for a job isn't enough, if you have a spare house or apartment sitting around, let me know and I will take that off your hands too. (^_^)

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've got something up in Waterloo...Ontario...Canada. Just throwing that out there. I can get you a job as well. Even better, you can travel lots in your new/old car to get to work.

For you, I'll arrange all of this free of charge. All I ask is...well, I don't know. We'll figure that out later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home