Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another Un-Halloween

Halloween in Japan is lame. I said it last year and I am saying it this year. I wish the Japanese liked Halloween more.

Since there is nothing cool happening, I am guessing I will end up watching a couple of horror movies and then going to bed. What a spiffy Halloween.

In other news, the flu that I said I had in the last post, well, I still have it. It is a very strange little bug though. I feel good, like I have no flu symptoms whatsoever other than one thing that can involve frequent trips to the bathroom, if you get my drift. I don't understand why I can't shake it and it is actually starting to worry me for a couple of reasons. I tried to go to the hospital today because there is an English speaking doctor that works there but they have a rule that unless it is an emergency, they don't register first time customers after 11am. Part of me also wonders if I have the flu at all anymore and if it is my worrying and nerves that are keeping stuff from getting back to normal.

Speaking of worrying and nerves, I have stupid micro-blisters all over my hands and fingers. When I get stressed or sick, sometimes I get these tiny tiny blisters underneath my skin on my hands and sometimes my feet. Thanks to all of my being bothered now, I have them really bad. It feels like I am wearing gloves all the time and while they don't hurt, the whole thing is quite annoying. It just bugs me that I haven't ditched this flu for going on a week. I am never sick for this long.

I think I would actually be more worried if Toby hadn't been sick too. Toby was actually so bad that he became dehydrated and had to go to the hospital. Fortunately, they got him on meds and he is much better now. I just wish I could feel better. It is times like this when I wish I could just quit, pack up, and come back to the US now. I think Toby has also been feeling this way. He did not want to be placed in Fukuchiyama and is now realizing how far removed from everything we are here. He is homesick and keeps talking about food he wants and this is not helping me at all.

Only two months and twenty-seven days until I can come back and get on with life.

Update: I just got off the phone with Maya and she is picking me up at 8:30am to go to a private hospital she said may be faster than the other one I was trying to go to. I know how much Toby paid for his visit and I was cool with that, I hope this isn't a ton more. But at least the problem will get dealt with and I can stop worrying about it.


Post a Comment

<< Home