In response to Singe_ID tagging me for this, I am making a list of ten things that have made me happy recently. Here we go:
1. Today, is one day closer to me coming back to the US and seeing everyone and
everything I have missed for two years.
2. Everything is squared away and I am going to be coming back to my 2005 Toyota
Matrix XRS when I return to the US.
3. The trees are starting to change color which means that my favorite season is
4. I realized Halloween is two weeks away today and that made me smile.
5. This week is my last week dealing with the demon children in one of the classes
that I am leaving in order to be the first teacher to start a new class in another
6. Be it the fact that they actually like me or what I let them get away with, many
of the kids seem legitimately sad or concerned to see me go. Some of the parents
have also told me how disappointed they were when they learned I was being moved.
While I am not overly fond of most of their kids, I do appreciate the sentiment
coming from the parents.
7. I started playing the Sims 2 again yesterday, the evil and mischief is already
8. I realized today that despite all of the big stuff that is getting ready to happen
again with the move and lack of a job and all, I am not afraid. I am not afraid of
any of it. At this point in my life, I have more self-confidence than I think I
ever have. I am not afraid because I am naive, I am fearless because I know I can
9. Lately, my Flickr page has been attracting a lot of attention and while I could
care less about the comments I receive, it makes me happy when people pick my
picture to add to their collection of favorites and it has been happening more
lately. Many people are also adding me to their list of contacts so they can see
all of the new stuff I upload. I may not be making money but at least I am seeing
proof the people like my stuff and that some of what I shoot may actually be good
looking to people other than me.
10. You know how sometimes you buy a pop and it tastes exceptionally good despite the
fact it is just one of the millions of Coca Cola beverages made from the same
recipe as all of the others sitting on the shelf. But for some reason, the Coke
you are drinking tastes really really good. That happened to me today.
If you want to do this on your own blog, go nuts. I am not going to tag anyone to do this but if you do pick this up, let me know in the comments so I can read it too.