Monday, September 24, 2007

Back From Tokyo (Again) and Done With Trains

This isn't going to be a long post but let me say this, riding to Tokyo and back in less than 24hrs. sucks. I don't care if it is on a bullet train or not, and I don't even care that the ride was free, I just don't want to ride trains anymore.

I forgot to mention I was heading to Tokyo again on here but that is what I did on Saturday night. Yesterday, I got up early and headed over to the Tokyo Game Show. I was disappointed by it last year, this year wasn't a ton better. I think I am growing out of video games(gasp!)or maybe I just don't see the fun in walking around a crowded convention center with a bunch of people that need a shave and a shower. The highlight of the trip was almost running into (literally) Koji Igarashi, the guy that created the Castlevania series of video games. Anywho, after sweating it out with geeks for a few hours and snapping some pics, I jumped back on a train and came back to my neck of the woods.

Once I got here, I crashed in the town that I had a meeting at today and then came back here. The downside to the return journey was a very large and very crazy rainstorm that delayed my train for half an hour in a nowhere town. I also did not have my umbrella with me, so the ride back to my house after a quick dinner at a ramen shop was more like a shower. But I am back now and I can truly dive back into my rut so I can just zone out again and make my four months left here go as fast as humanly possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home