Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Downward Spiral Begins

Yesterday, I officially declared when my last day with Peppy will be, April 22, 2008. Thank goodness! It means that the most I will have to see any of my kids now is eight more hours. It means that in a bit more than eight months I will be back in a place where I am average and I have friends that live closer than two hours away. It means that I can go to a movie or go shopping or get a haircut without having to make a day out of it. I can finally get a real apartment or, heaven forbid, a house again and that house will have a real kitchen in it and a room for my Queen-sized real bed. The only downside to coming back is that I am going to have to get a real job too. Sadly, I am even kind of looking forward to that as well.

Tonight, I have started to seriously figure out how to de-clutter my place and looking at everything in a light of what is expendable and what isn't. The more I get rid of in the coming months, the less I have to think about this next Spring. It seems like it is a ways away but it really isn't that far out. I think once Christmas hits, the rest of my time is going to fly by, I hope so anyways, I want to be done.

I have learned so much from being here that I am a tad eager to come back to the United States and field test of some my new habits and knowledge. Japan has changed me in a few ways and it will be funny to see what changes are permanent and what will fade away. I know I need to keep learning Japanese and not let that slip once I come back, especially if I am going to teach Mr. Muffins attack commands in Japanese. I am just so ready to be done and to start new again. I can also safely say that after this, I will never teach another child under the age of 13 again and I especially mean I will never ever teach kids between the ages of 6 and 10 again. I don't have the patience or the will to deal with them anymore.

They. Cannot. Be. Reasoned. With.

They. Are. Evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home