Saturday, July 14, 2007

Gettin' Wet

As I type this, I am literally in the quiet before the storm. Man-yi, the biggest typhoon to hit Japan in ten years is getting closer to me. Yesterday and earlier today it rained like crazy. The river near the class I taught at today rose about three feet from the time I started teaching to the time I finished and my region of Japan is supposed to get two feet of rain in the next twenty-four hours. More reasons I am perfectly happy to be on the third floor of a concrete apartment building.

All in all, it has been a very wet few days. Right now is the first time it has stopped raining in almost four days and yesterday, it was raining so hard that my town was under a flood advisory. A good portion of the roads in the town I taught at this evening were under anywhere from half an inch to an inch of water and rain was still coming down.

I do not want this post to alarm anyone because I am in all actuality, quite safe. I am just a little sick of getting rained on. :)

Anywho, that is what I have been dealing with lately, lots and lots of moisture. Odds are pretty good that when I wake up in the morning it will be pouring again. I don't mind the rain, it is just when you don't have a car and there is actually a typhoon occurring, riding your bike is not the most pleasant experience in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home