Friday, June 22, 2007

Scooby Doo and The Case Of The Missing Luggage

After a very nice flight home yesterday, my perfect record for never losing baggage was broken. As of this very moment, the two bags I checked at the airport in Boise, ID could be in either San Francisco, Vancouver, or Japan. Most likely the bags are in Vancouver because when I got there yesterday, I double checked that the bags had been scanned in there and was told that they were. Why they were not put on my plane to Osaka is another story. I am not horribly worried either way, I would just like to have 3/4 of my wardrobe back and the newest Stuff Pack for the Sims 2.

Yesterday's flight was very nice. The lady in San Francisco must have felt sorry for me and when she hooked me up with the tickets from Vancouver to Osaka, I was placed in the row directly behind the First Class partition which meant I got a ton of extra leg room and I also didn't have anyone sitting in the seat next to me so I had a good chunk of space for the eleven hour flight. I was also right in front of one of the movie screens so I was able to enjoy myself quite nicely while crossing the Pacific.

Today I have been all jet-laggy and have slept most of the day. I think as soon as I am done posting this I am going to run to the store for some peanut clusters and hamburger for spaghetti; both of these are rewards for being a good little boy on the plane flight.

In other news, my hands and feet are driving me nuts. When I get really stressed, like I was last week, my hands and feet to a lesser extent, get these tiny little blisters just underneath the skin. My right hand usually gets them the worst and for some reason my middle fingers get more of them than my palms of other digits. Either way, these blisters are annoying. I have hundreds on my right hand and probably about sixty on my left. After a few days, the blisters start to pop under my skin and it makes my hands feel like I am wearing gloves all of the time and I can't feel anything with my fingers. I can feel the pressure when I touch something or poke them but as far as being able to tell the difference between a plastic bag and a piece of bread, I am out of luck. It also makes typing a little difficult. When I go to the store I may see about finding some Calamine lotion to help with the itching.

Anywho, I looks as if there is a break in all of the raining that has been going on so I am going to take advantage and run to the store.

Update: Case solved! The bags arrived from Vancouver this evening and the airport is shipping them to my house so I don't have to go to Osaka to pick them up. After being apologized to at least ten times, I assured the lady at the airport that I was happy with how everything turned out and not mad at them. It took some convincing but I think she hung up feeling like it was all going to be okay. The funny part came several minutes after that phone call when the woman from the travel agency called me freaking out. Evidently, it came across her computer that my original tickets had been canceled and I had to come back to Japan through Vancouver. She was beside herself thinking that she had made a mistake and I had to tell her at least three times that she had done nothing wrong and that I was actually very happy with the job she did for me. She calmed down after I explained everything and I honestly think she was more fretful about my delay and lost luggage than I was.

I know I am a laid back guy but I seriously felt like I had to be the rock and comfort the two women I spoke to today. I think they are used to Westerners wigging out on them when stuff goes wrong and when I didn't, they became confused. I'm glad I was there for them in their time of need. Anywho, case solved and the bags will be here in a day or two. Time for a Scooby Snack. d(^_^)b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home