Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The End Is Nigh

For whatever reason, be it illness, drugs, or some kind of allergy, all of my kids were really really good tonight. Even the kids that I dread teaching were good; and not merely good, they were excellent this evening. I am taking this as a sign of the apocalypse.

On another note, some guy in Texas managed to steal $250,000.00 worth of Skittles. Yes, you read correctly, Skittles. That man is the Mogwai's Personal Hero of the Day winner. I am seriously contemplating sending this guy a bag of his most beloved candy while he is in prison. You have to be devoted to a sugary treat to rip off seven pallets of it. I like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but I don't know if I like them that much; besides if I eat more than four of those precious precious cups at a time, I get a stomach ache.

Keeping things on a lighter note, if you want to see a funny movie that I believe to be a pretty accurate prediction of where human civilization is heading, watch "Idiocracy". The film is from the great man who brought us such quality entertainment as "Office Space", "Beavis and Butthead", and "King of The Hill". While Jim was here he turned me on to it and since I have watched it, I find myself repeating several phrases from that movie a couple times a day.

Oh yeah, Jim left the land of the rising sun on Sunday and is now back in the States. I enjoyed having him here and showing him the odd little niche that I have carved out for myself here. The more people I introduce to Japan, the more I realize I would never want to take a vacation here unless I had someone that knew where they were going and how things work. Tokyo is a fairly accessible place but once you leave there, I think it would be hard to get a fufilling Japanese experience on your own. I am glad I was able to provide that for Jim.

Anywho, I have some more pictures I need to get on to Flickr and I need to find something to eat. In less than a month, I will be back in the US for a bit, odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home