Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Multi-Faceted Rant in D Minor

First, I had a kid intentionally fart in my face during class tonight. I have come close to losing it on kids before but it was all I could do to keep from tripping him, straddling him, and re-enacting a Fight Club moment on his face. I am not a teacher, I am someone that gets paid to let kids bad mouth and disrespect him. The thing that gets me is that this kid was eleven. He was already missing his two front teeth so I couldn't even take credit for that. Next month, poor Jumpei is in for a treat when he walks into my class, looks into my face, and realizes that he is now in the middle of me doing my Old Testament impersonation of God. No, Jumpei does not get the happy, tree hugging, New Testament "Buddy Christ", he gets the scornful, vengeful, wrath-filled God.

Second, why is it always so freakin' cloudy here lately? I am not a sunshine fan but man, sometimes, if only for a short while, I wish the sun would shine and I could see blue sky sprinkled with a handful of happy, fluffy muffin clouds. I think this may help my mood somewhat and it makes for good photography weather to boot. Oh, I would also be pleased if the weather was like this on a day I am not working, like tomorrow.

Lastly, how is it a man can have two Ferraris when all I have is a bike? Maya's dad bought another Italian gem last week, this one is an F360. I am cool with people having super-nice, exotic sports cars but usually, those people are total strangers to me and I don't interact with their daughters on a regular basis. This guy is only one degree of separation away from me. Oh, to have enough money for an Aston Martin Vanquish...and still be a historian/teacher. While I am at it, I want to be the benevolent dictator of the world. I could make the world a better place and make those who oppose me disappear, its a win-win situation but for some reason, I think I am the only one that agrees with me.

Jim is here in less than a week, which also means that I will be in Tokyo in less than a week. I just have to hang in there for five more days. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.

3 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger H said...

What's the Japanese word/version for "white trash?"

June ain't that far away... nothin' but blue skies all around me. ;)

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

The Japanese translation for white trash? Haku no gomi. So why white trash, is there someone you want to curse at but have them not know what you are saying? :)

I also like the term "aho" which basically means someone is worthless.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger H said...

I was actually referring to your students and their parents. :) Some kid farting in your face is pretty aho, I'd say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home