Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Fountain

I came home from work tonight and was bored and didn't feel like playing video games so I pushed play on a movie called, The Fountain. What a strange, original, and eye-pleasing film.

Without giving away the story, let me just say that if you took Carl Sagan and combined his interest in astronomy and mild-altering drugs with a dab cancer research, a little bit of history, and a pinch of romance, you essentially have this movie.

The funny part is that I haven't decided whether or not I liked it. I have liked Darren Aronofsky's other films, such as "Pi" and "Requiem For A Dream" and I knew I liked both of them right off the bat. I think "The Fountain" will probably grow on me but it has left me very disconbobulated for the moment. I think part of it is how the film has so many layers and things going on with it, that it may just take some time to digest. Having now seen it though, I can safely say that if anyone were to make a film of the book, "House of Leaves", it should be him.

If you have seen this movie, let me know what you thought about it.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you like sagan and mogwai, you might like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pfwY2TNehw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home