Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mr. Nishiki Rides Again

For those of you that don't remember, Mr. Nishiki is the bike that replaced my beloved Butterfly Battle. If you do remember who he is, you may realize that I haven't mentioned him almost at all lately and this is because for the past four months, he has been serving a punishment.

Way back in December, Mr. Nishiki had issues with his rear tire staying inflated. I think I ended up getting the tire patched three times in under a month and on the fourth time, I told Mr. Nishiki that he could sit in the bike area and think about what he had done. He has been thinking on his wrong-doings now for four months. Finally, yesterday, it was nice outside and I decided it was time to have Mr. Nishiki aired up and repaired again. I took him to the bike shop and had a new tube put into a new rear tire because the old was was getting pretty bald and thin and they may have led to some of the flats I was having. Now he is as good as new and the tires have kept air for two days, this makes me happy. I think it makes Mr. Nishiki happy too.

In other news, I got my plane tickets in the mail today, so it is set in stone that I will be back in Boise for a little more than a week in June. The girl that did all of the bookings for my trip was quite funny. She was super friendly and one day she even called to tell me that she was not booking my flight for a day so that she could save me money. When was the last time you have had a travel agent do that for you? Anywho, tickets in hand, I am glad to have that taken care of.

I also bought new hair gel yesterday. Normally, this would not be a noteworthy event but man, this stuff kicks ass. First, it holds better and for longer than anything I have used before; the stuff is like rubber cement. Second, it barely flakes at all. And third, I think the tube cost me all of five bucks and I can get it from the nearby grocery store. The name of this wonder gel, G.

Aside from crantabulous hair products, plane tickets, and a bike that works, not a ton else has been going on. I am super excited because The Sims 2: Seasons is in the mail to me this very instant. Soon I will be able to garden and possibly turn into some kind of man-plant creature. I do love my Sims.

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, anthropomorphization. Poor Mr. Nishiki. Someday you'll let go of Butterfly Battle and love him for him. :)

Let me know if you have a spare 15 minutes in that whirlwind week of family, friends, weddings, Twin Dragon, Cottonwood and dogs. It'd be nice to do lunch or a scary movie again. Oh and the parents say hi!

(Warning: You seem to have been infected by some MySpace virus, 3rd try to post this comment.)

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Sometimes Blogger is a pain for comments. If anyone keeps having those problems let me know and I will look into it.

As for my brief return to the States, yeah, I will definitely make time for us to either see a movie or go out for a meal at some point. We can hash out the details when it gets closer but I would guess after the 16th would be better than before, thats the day of the wedding. We'll get everything figured out. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home