Monday, March 26, 2007

God Is Laughing At Me

Yesterday in Kyoto was very fun and I will get to that later. For now, let me tell you about my odd day so far.

So Maya, the girl that I hang out with everyonce and a while and teach lessons with, told me something very strange today. She is getting married.

WTF.

Last year, she had no desire to ever get married and was supposed to leave to go to Italy for six months next week. Today, she calls me and tells me that she isn't going because she is getting married to a guy she has only talked to a few times and went to the movie with once. All this after I got her a couple of books on Italy as a going away present. On top of that, I kind of thought there was something between her and I, guess not.

It shouldn't really bother me because we didn't have anything going on really other than being friends but man, she was my best shot at any kind of relationship here so far and I like her. I guess when she was solidly single it at least gave me hope. Oh well.

In other news, I am still getting a new Japanese tutor. I think Maya just decided that she wanted to get married in the past couple of days and by that time, another girl named, Aki said she wanted to teach me. I was supposed to meet her tonight but she is sick and can't meet Maya and I for dinner. So now, I may have two Japanese tutors. I asked Maya if she would still want to teach me and the way it may work out is I'll have one tutor for writing and studying and another for conversation.

Anywho, its been a kind of weird day. I also got in an arguement over the phone with another Japanese teacher over some really stupid stuff that I thought was resolved but wasn't. This doesn't bother me so much because she is being forced to quit because she is worthless and I don't have to see her again. Just that fact that she had the audacity to call me over the issue kind of peeves me and then after all of the back and forth over the phone, she hung up on me because she didn't get her way. I swear, today is not my day to shine with the women.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jacob Whittaker said...

Keep your chin up, hombre. We all have our hot streaks and our cold streaks. You'll find someone. Japan is, as I understand it, full of Japanese chicks.

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Theodora said...

There are more women in the world than men. Your chances are good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home