Wednesday, March 28, 2007

10 Songs Meme

Okay, I love doing this so whenever I get the chance, I take it. The rules of the game are simple, someone gives you a letter and you have to find ten songs that you like that start with that letter. This time around Phyrry assigned me the letter E.

Here we go in no particular order!

1. Placebo – Every You Every Me

This is one of my all time favorite songs. This is also one of the only songs that started with E that just popped into my head. E was kind of a difficult letter to come up with songs for. Either way, Every You Every Me is angry and catchy and I have liked this tracks since the first time I heard it years ago.

2. The Prodigy – Everybody In The Place (Fairground Remix)

For those of us that like electronic music, this is a classic. The Fairground Remix is my favorite version of this song.

3. Rammstein – Engel

I love the whistling at the beginning of this song and the rest of the track is something I would play if I were in a movie and getting ready to put the beat down on someone.

4. Apocalyptica – Enter Sandman

As a general rule, I am not a Metallica fan. One, is really about the only song of theirs that I truly like. However, I do like two covers of Enter Sandman. The Apocolyptica cover is my favorite followed closely by a punk version by a band called, Vice Squad. Apocalyptica kicks ass in for the most part so they made the official list.

5. Bush – Everything Zen

When I was in junior high I liked this song. Now, it's merely okay but it starts with E so it makes the list.

6. Foo Fighters – Everlong (Acoustic Version)

This is the other song I instantly thought of. Everlong is easily the best song Foo Fighters have put out in my humble opinion. Actually, it's one of my all-time favorite songs, period. I like the acoustic version better than the original because it is more simple and straightforward and this song does not need a lot of spicing up to get its point across.

7. Smashing Pumpkins – Eye

A good Smashing Pumpkins song and a solid example of the quality the group was capable of in their prime. It's not my favorite song they put out but it is a good song nonetheless.

8. Poison – Every Rose Has Its Thorn

I had the cassette that this song was originally released on when I was ten. I have always liked Poison and feel they are a good role model for all 80s hair bands. For some reason this song somehow got nominated to be a classic 80s song and thats okay, it's just that Poison put out much better songs than this one.

9. Orgy – Eva

I went through a week in which this song was played a lot. I am not sure why I like it exactly but I do and so it's here.

10. Tears For Fears – Everybody Wants To Rule The World

One of the better pop songs to come out of the 80s. This is an essential track for anyone making a 80s playlist, at least it is for me.

Okay, there you have it, my ten favorite songs that start with E. As I said, this was a toughy and to be honest, a couple of these songs are tracks that I would not normally listen to a whole lot but made the list because of the sheer lack of truly good songs that start with the second vowel in the alphabet. If anyone wants to give me another letter to take a shot at, I would be happy to do so; I do love this meme for some reason, probably because it gives me a chance to go through my music with a specific purpose and makes me listen to stuff I haven't heard or thought of in a while. Anywho, if you want to, throw me another random letter and I will see what I can do. Also, if anyone wants to participate, let me know and you will be assigned a letter.

9 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Jacob Whittaker said...

Agree with the Tears For Fears comment. Good 80s song. Hit me with a letter next, damnit.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

You are the official owner of C. Have fun.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Nighthawk at the Diner said...

C:

Tom Waits: Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis

Dan Bern: Chelsea Hotel

John Coltrane: Chasin' The Trane

Bob Dylan: Chimes of Freedom

Joni Mitchel: California

Indigo Girls: Closer to Fine

Oingo Boingo: Change

The Smiths: Cemetery Gates

Great Big Sea: Captain Kid

Janis Joplin: Cry Baby

Pink Floyd: Comfortably Numb

Honorable Mentions:

Cookie Monster: C is for Cookie
David Bowie: Changes
Queen: Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Blondi: Call Me

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Karie and Reid said...

Hey there! Glad you finally got to see Kiyomizudera - we loved it too, but the crowds...:P

Anyway, toss a letter our way!

K&R

PS - Apologies in advance for Reid's music taste...you know what it's like.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Theodora said...

Hehe, hit me with a letter and then I'll hit you back. I'm cleaning out your collection again. :D

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Okay, Teddy you now have L. Whats my new letter?

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Karie and Reid, you now have N.

Jake has C

And Nighthawk, if you want a letter for a meme on your site you have H. BTW I like the Pink Floyd choice for C.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Theodora said...

I give you G. Great Greek gods! L's a bit difficult if you're psycho like me and don't pull songs with "The" starting the title... Ah well, Mr. iPod will help me out, I bet.

1. Nine Inch Nails - La Mer
Gorgeous instrumental.

2. Amy Winehouse - Love Is A Losing Game
Good modern jazz/soul. Thing. Slow, somewhat sad.

3. Cranes - Loved
I can tell there's going to be a theme here with what 'L' word a song title starts with. Anyway, gothy metal with a vocalist who sounds like she's eight years old. Nice solid beat on this one.

4. Dido - Life For Rent
It's Dido singing about her life, which sounds a lot like Dido singing about my life, which just sounds a lot like Dido in general. Not sure what else to say.

5. Goo Goo Dolls - Long Way Down
I listened to this song a [i]lot[/i] back in the day. It evokes my early to mid teens every time I listen to it. Also see Hootie & The Blowfish's Let Her Cry.

6. Panic! At The Disco - Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off
A bit creepy, but I have been liking Panic! At The Disco a lot lately.

7. Poe - Lemon Meringue
Hee hee.

8. Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl
Makes a great fight-flight-or-you-know song.

9. Nobuo Uematsu - Liberi Fatali
When I become a supervillain this will be my theme song.

10. Sara Ayers - Lachrymatory
My token weird ambient / new agey pick. The emphasis is always on the 'weird' with Sara Ayers.

Given half another chance I'd fill up the list with harp and banshee songs, as that's what seems to be easiest for this letter... but the above works too.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Easy T said...

I'm taking "B" and I don't care if you don't like it!!! "B" for...

1. "Bad" - Michael Jackson - I really, really, really thought he was bad. You know, the kind that's like, whoa! that's baaad! And it bled well into Weird Al's "Fat." Speaking of bleeding...

2. "Bleed American" - Jimmy Eat World - Ha ha! I win! I have a fond memory of the time Loveline described Ace's entrance into the bar at night. Walking in, with his jacket slung over his shoulder, this music playing in the background...

3. "Bad Moon Rising" - CCR - If only for the imagery. Of a bathroom on the right.

4. "Baby Got Back" - Sir Mix-A-Lot - Remember when you used to sit by the radio at night, waiting for this song to come on to sing along? I think this song honed my lyrics-learning-and-listening skills.

5. "Boys Don't Cry" - The Cure - Except for Alex 'cause he's a sissy. j/k! Or am I????/?

6. "B.O.B." - Outkast - Cousin Patrick introduced this one to me after I landed in L.A. I envision a hot, fast cheerleading dance routine to this one. And it's just awesome.

7. "Bizarre Love Triangle" - New Order/ Frente! - I will actually pick the Frente! cover out the of the thousands and thousands of covers. It was playing around the same time as Baby Got Back. It was tender.

8. "Beast and the Harlot" - Avenged Sevenfold - If you've played Guitar Hero 2, you know what I mean.

9. "Building A Mystery" "Bent" - Matchbox 20 - Shut up. I only like it because the video is an infinite loop. And it has nothing to do with me trolling my iTunes. Shut up!

10. "Beer" - Reel Big Fish - If you didn't know this, then you don't know me. But that's okay. Cause know you know that it's "Because of You" that I drink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home