Thursday, February 15, 2007

Weird Dreams and Other Stuff

Sleep has once again decided to mess with my mind. For the past couple of weeks, I have been having some of the most bizarre, vivid, and surreal dreams I have had in a long, long time. It’s not even so much that they are bad dreams, they are just dreams of random events. Some of them I have actually woken up from and been disappointed that I was back in reality. One of them I either woke up talking to myself or the stream of thought flowed from my sleep into my wakefulness and just never stopped. It’s all been very odd. I also had another dream that I woke up screaming from...or I dreamed that I woke up screaming. The reason it all gets kind of confusing is because instead of sleeping straight through the night, I have been actually getting woken up by the dreams I have been having. I have been counting and there have been some nights where I will have like five or six dreams and those are just the ones I remember. It’s very odd. I have some theories as to why this is happening but only time will tell if I am right. Oh and another winner from the dream world, dreaming about being worried about money and how to save it. I actually had a dream where I was coming up with real life, honest to goodness ways for me to make and save money when I wake up.

The most morbid dream was of a serial killer that was preying on a specific family and killing off the kids one by one in order to teach the parents where they went wrong in raising all of the kids. There was a blonde daughter that was killed and her corpse was put on one of those folding beds, only this one was really trashed and dirty and when the cops and mother discovered the bed and the girl's body in an alley, the girl was already starting to decompose underneath the frayed and dirty sheets. I remember the girl's face and her eyes and that dream was a couple of days ago. They never caught the killer either, he slipped away after the daughter's body was discovered and hid in a warehouse I think. The part I feel bad about is I actually woke up and was happy I had that dream. I saw it like I would if I was watching a movie and I have to say, it was a really good movie.

I guess what gets me is how vivid the dreams have been. It’s like someone installed HD into my brain and everything just pops out; it’s all so crisp and colorful. Anywho, this is what happens to me when I sleep lately.

When I wake up, aside from remembering all of these peculiar dreams, I have been having the most messed up and random music playing in my head. For example, on Thursday, I woke up with Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" going through my head and no matter how many times I listened to it, it was still there. Why in the hell is "White Rabbit" playing in my head?! Other notables include Johnny Cash's "When The Man Comes Around", Yellowcard's "Ocean Avenue", Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight", Jane's Addiction's "Jane Says", Simon and Garfunkel's "Only Living Boy In New York", etc. These are just from the past week.

My mind is doing the whole working overtime thing again and it’s just kind of strange. I know some of the reasons for all of this but when is enough, enough? I am okay with my mind working at a normal pace, the rate its going now is wearing me out.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spooky, Silent Hill-type dreams?

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Nighthawk at the Diner said...

When logic turns to reason....

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Theodora said...

Have you considered keeping a dream journal?

Also, I just saw this scribbled on the back of a random sheet of paper as I was cleaning out a pile and thought of you:

"I love Northern California. There's no pretense of following the speed limit; you just go as fast as you fucking please."

(Yes, I use semi-colons in handwritten text. It's sad.)

Peace out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home