Thursday, February 22, 2007

First Good Walk of the Year

The weather here has been phenomonal lately. Its been getting into the sixties and has been quite sunny. The other day, I went out to lunch with Maya and we went to Indian food. Afterward, we went to Mister Donut and had a donut and some coffee. After an hour of sipping iced coffee and munching donuts, May had to teach class and I was left to venture back to Fukuchiyama.

The weather was great and I was in the mood for a walk, so when I got back into town I went to an electronics store on the other side of Fukuchiyama. I had never walked there before because it is quite a ways away and takes a while to get to on bike, not to mention walking. Either way, I went to the store and looked around for a bit. Upon leaving the store, I made the choice to take the scenic route home and was glad I did, despite the two hour walk home. I wound along the river and crossed several bridges. All the while, a very nice sunset loomed behind me. This is a pic I took with my phone but it still turned out pretty good:





















Anywho, it looks like the jogging season is coming up fast. I bought some ankle weights a couple of weeks ago and am anxious to see if they can help wear me out a bit faster when I run so I don't have to run as long to break a sweat. Yay, Spring is almost here!

1 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger Nighthawk at the Diner said...

Hey Mog,
I plan on taking a hike down the oldest road in Japan here in Nara. If you feel up to the walk (or more so dealing with my photography) let me know.

Cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home