Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Extemely Random Thought

Can you imagine the meeting in which a television producer pitched the idea of Bob Ross and The Joy of Painting?

I think it went something like this:

Producer: Okay guys, I have an idea for a new show that I want to test on you.

Executive 1: Okay, lets here it.

Producer: Alright, so I know this painter named Bob Ross and he is a pretty good landscape painter. I think he should have his own show.

Executive 1: Okay...what will the show be about?

Producer: Painting.

Executive 2: Alright, so he is a painter that solves mysteries or uses his paintings to communicate with the dead. Or maybe the paintings can talk to him and tell funny stories.

Producer: Actually, I was thinking that the show would just be an hour of him painting a picture and each show is a new picture.

Executive 1: Will there be any women in this show, is he handsome? Where is the sex appeal?

Producer: Well, Bob does have a very soothing voice and there may be women in his pictures at some point.

Executive 2: Oh, he paints nudes? I am not sure how that will fly with the censors but if this is an educational show, they may allow it.

Producer: Actually, he usually likes to paint landscapes. He really enjoys mountains and clouds.

Executive 1: Well, maybe we could get him into a sexy wardrobe and have celebrity guests drop by to keep him company and see how he is doing.

Producer: I don't know about that but...

Executive 2: Let me see if I get this. You want us to air a TV show that is an hour of just some guy painting clouds, mountains, and trees. No sex, no music, no beach parties, just painting.

Producer: Exactly!

Executive: Well, with all of the weirdos running about these days you just might be on to something...or I may just be drunker than I thought. Hell, lets give this show a go.

And The Joy of Painting ran for fifteen years. Odd.

4 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that righteous 'fro. And by the way, it's not the vulgar "trees", they're "happy little trees".

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost didn't make it to school today because he was on PBS at noon.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extremely Random Comment:
What would chairs look like if our legs were on the other side of our boddies?

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wasn't it a pbs thing though? lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home