Sunday, December 17, 2006

Let Christmas Begin!

As of a few minutes ago, I completed Christmas shopping, minus one very small item that I will get tomorrow. Other than that, I am ready. My last day of teaching was on Friday and now I am indulging in one of the many perks of the teaching profession, vacation.

Yesterday was my day in which I pretended I was "El Presidente de Rancho Relaxo". Basically, I did nothing of constructive merit. What I did do though was play Battlefield 2142 for about nine hours. I love that game, its my new addiction. You know you have been playing a shooting game for too long when you make your one token trip outdoors for the day and upon being startled by a guy coming around a corner talking on his cell phone, you instinctively begin to draw an imaginary gun on him. He was close range so I knew my imaginary sniper rifle would be of little use so I went for the sidearm. Yup, played way too much of that game yesterday.

Today, I was much more productive. I cleaned house, did laundry, aired out the futons, and went Christmas shopping for the last time this year. Tomorrow, I will totally finish every tiny bit of shopping I have left, take in a Japanese lesson from Maya, and pack for Tuesday. On Tuesday, I am getting on the train and going to Reid and Karie's house for Christmas. They said I could come whenever I want so I am coming then and they can cope. :) They tell me there is a new and bigger mall in a town that neighbors their own so I will definitely check that out. For one reason or another, American-style malls are a novelty here so when you see one, its worth checking out. I miss malls for some reason. The Japanese department store just does not have the feeling of a mall and for some reason, I miss that feeling sometimes.

Anywho, I am all excited for Christmas now and have even decorated a little. My family sent me a very small Christmas tree that I have erected on my nightstand and have named, Milo. Yes, I am a traditionalist when it comes to trees and would have liked to get a real one but real Christmas trees seem to be a rarity in Japan, at least in my neck of the woods. There are no Christmas tree lots you can go to to pick out the perfect tree. So I am content with Milo and may even post a pic of him soon if I get the ambition to get out my camera. I am telling you, I have been in full braindead relaxation mode for the past couple of days.

Well, I am going to go find something to eat for dinner and then take in a little more Battlefield 2142. Have a good one and I will post more later!

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"El Presidente de Rancho Relaxo"

Good stuff, right there. I have a bit more to finish up today/tomorrow and then DONE! Have a safe trip and fun in Takaoka.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Mog!

Did you get my recent email? I know we have had email issues a few times.

Cheers,
Peltz

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Yup, I got it and just haven't had enough time to sit down and answer it to the extent that I would like. Expect an email within a day. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home