Monday, November 20, 2006

The End of Lazy Weekend-Fest 2006

There are lazy weekends and then there are the kinds of weekends like I just had. The high point of activity for the weekend was getting up at 3pm (yes, I am horrible), getting my flat tire fixed in the rain, going to the grocery store, and coming home to drink half a bottle of wine. Not kidding, that was my most active until yesterday when I did laundry and cleaned.

In my defense, I had a four day weekend, it was heavily raining, and I didn't want to spend a ton of money. Therefore, I did basically nothing other than watch the Sopranos all weekend. Did I mention that I am in love with the Sopranos? Oh yeah, I also got paid for two of my four days off and I also made some cash on the third day as well. I have a hard life.

On to other news, you know how your parents always freaked out when you put metal stuff in the microwave on accident? At least my mom always did. What they were trying to protect you from was the sheer visual awesomeness that some things hide from you until they are exposed to microwave rays.

Anywho, go here to see what I am talking about. It is amazing what a bag of chips or matches do when put in a microwave. Enjoy.

4 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Oh, that was way too cool what happens in a microwave! My favorite was the bar of soap - did you notice that once the "innards" were done coming out that a face appeared in the middle of the soap as it grew bigger? I think it was Jesus...

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Hehe I thought it looked like a peaceful benevolent face as well...maybe it was Jesus. Nuke a Dove Bar in the microwave and see if you get the Virgin Mary next. :)

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't cook popcorn for 30 minutes and let the bag catch on fire while you're in the other room playing video games. Inevitably your roommate, who owns the microwave, will come home just as you are putting out the flames and will be somewhat upset that his three month old microwave is smoking and no longer clean and white inside, but instead covered with a carmelly yellow film that has not washed off to this day. It still stinks in there too. My biggest question is why did he leave to go play video games while he was cooking popcorn?

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks, I was amused! I too, loved the soap! That was great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home