Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Back To Work

Well, after a week and a half of pretty lax living, classes started back up today. Tonight went pretty well, not a lot to report in that area; kids did Halloween stuff and watched in boredom. The Halloween curriculum is pretty cut and dry as far as whats expected of me and it gets very repetitive. All the repetition gives me time to think.

I'm not going to go into detail about everything thats on my mind because when I say it outloud to myself it sounds like I am all depressed and while that may be a little true, its not as bad as it would sound if I told you all. I guess the crux of all of my thoughts have been this: Why can some people live happily so easily and why can't I be one of those people? I think I invent problems for myself sometimes or I turn very small issues into bigger ones by over-thinking them. It seems like I am trying despite myself and my situation to be sad and I don't know why I do that. Maybe I am bored again. I also think I rely on other people to give me happiness too often, I would like to be happy because I make me happy and that doesn't happen as much as it should.

I was talking with a co-worker the other day about food. She said that she only ate because she had to or else she would die. I almost fell out of my seat. We talked about food for a bit and she thought it was funny that I see food the way I do. In short, I love food. Not just the eating of it but its preparation and how it makes other people happy. I like the social setting that food helps to induce, families and friends getting together to eat. I like the idea that you can take simple ingredients that when by themselves, do not taste very good, but when combined with something else, take on a whole new life. I like the fact that most food only tastes as good as the amount of effort that it took to make it. The bottom lines is that I like food and everything about it. I think I would be happier if I had the metabolism to match my love of food. I think its a pity when people refer to food as "sustenance" and feel sorry for them that no one has ever cooked good meal for them. I think I am in one of my moods where I would rather be a chef than almost anything. Cooking makes me feel so good and relaxed.

Speaking of which, I am hungry and could use a dose of relaxation. Time to make dinner.

8 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mogs,
When you come home, you are invited to a feast at the Twin Drgaon, on the house. If you would like a recipe let me know.
Barb

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Ohhh...Twin Dragon....Ahhh....must...not...think...about...tasty...Chinese...Food.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

hinese....food.

Thanks for the offer! I will definitely take you guys up on that when I get back.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can have any and all that you want!

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you sign up for a cooking class (or three)? I wondered that while you were here in the States but kept slipping my sieve-like mind.

A new hobby doing something you enjoy (and a place to meet chicks) win-win I say!

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, food. We had homemade tacos tonight.

I hear you on the 'why can't I be happy?!' thing. I'm right there with ya, buddy. At the moment I'm sorting music, though, so it's a bit like Christmas.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jacob Whittaker said...

Well, I got your DVDs in the mail, and while you may be struggling with happiness, you've made a lot of people here happy.

None of us had heard of Jericho or Heroes, and there are now at least eight of us hooked on both shows. So, thank you. You've done a good thing for those of us here in Afghanistan.

You rock, and if you wanna rock it out depressed, then by all means go ahead. But know I got your back, homie, as much as I can from beautiful Afghanistan. Thanks again, huge pick-me-up for not just me but lots of others too.

Heroes really rocks. "Peter Patrelli, you look different without your scar..."

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if Japan has used video game/game system shops? If so, try to pick up a PS2 and Guitar Hero. I heard it's really fun.

If not, when the Wii comes out, you will buy it. And by doing so you will get the Bob Ross painting game. You can paint happy little trees on your Wii.

I know I would.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home