Saturday, October 14, 2006

Dinner Redux

After teaching last night, I get a phone call from Maya. The gist of the conversation went something like this, "Are you busy tomorrow night?"

"No, whats up?"

"Can my friend and I come over again and can you make dinner for us?"

"Uhh...okay. What do you want to eat?"

"Anything."

"Okay, sounds good."

So now, I am trying to figure out what to fix. I do not want to make Italian food again because they had it last time they were here and I had it last night. I am thinking I am going to make plain and simple patty melts with ham and some fries. Its not extravagant but its still tasty and their burgers here are not like the ones in the US so this will be kind of new for them. If I had taco shells I would make tacos, but no go. If I had a friggin' oven I could do all sorts of stuff but again, no go. So, patty melts it is, I think. Unless I get to the store and they have other stuff that sounds better.

I like having Maya over, I just wish I had more cooking options open to me. At some point I may have to break down and get a bigger toaster oven. At least then, I could bake some stuff, including brownies....ahhh....brownies.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Blondie... said...

I'm actually v v excited for you!

What did they think of your masterpiece? hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home