Monday, October 09, 2006

Dinner and Everything After

So dinner with Maya and her friend, Aikiko(I think was her name) has come and gone and it was a good time to be had by all.

Both of them liked my cooking and thought it was funny that that was something that I enjoy doing. Aikiko asked me if I liked doing other housework as well, I have never thought of cooking food in that way. Evidentely, cooking can be a burdensome task that people can grow to loathe. Weird, I have always found it strangely relaxing. I made marinated steak strips over fetuccini alfredo with broccoli and seared red peppers. It was pretty tasty though I think I overcooked the meat and it was harder than it should have been. Neither of them minded though and it was a good meal.

Maya brought popcorn and little tiramisu cups for dessert and her friend brought a whole cake from the bakery she works at. That was a tasty cake, think giant Hostess Ho-Ho with strawberries and raspberries on top. Life was good.

After dinner, the plan was to watch a movie. We never got to that. Instead, both of them were dying to see pictures of my family and the United States. So I took them through tons of pics. Brody, if you ever find yourself single, you have lots of friends in Japan. Upon seeing pictures of me, all they could say was that I have definitely lost weight. Sweet.

I showed them pictures of Nevada and Area 51, that was kind of funny. They had never heard of the place before and found it strange that the US government would go to such length to hide something. Ahh, to live in a country with a transparent government that hides very little from its citizens, except for the country's past, the Japanese government likes to let some things in that area go unmentioned.

They saw pictures of Chicago, Boston, and California. They really liked pictures of Idaho and had never really seen a place that looks like it. The Japanese have a hard time wrapping their minds around the concept of a desert and people living in one. They were amazed by my pics of Nevada for that reason. When I see those pics now, I realize just how sparse greenery is around that region. Here, EVERYTHING is green, its an odd comparison.

Anywho, I think both of them had fun despite all they really did was look at pictures of my family, friends, and travels. Oh, I also showed them the pumpkins I carved last Halloween. I need to find a pumpkin here, the Japanese don't carve pumpkins but they do put up Halloween lights to celebrate the occasion. Hearing Japanese kids say "Trick or Treat" is entertaining as well.

Overall, as usual, I got myself worked up over the occassion. Everything went well and we all had fun. Both of them want to come back and have a movie night at some point. They also wanted to spend more time looking at my music, having decided that I need to make both of them cds. Which brings me to my next topic.

Jake, I am sending a package to my parents in the next few days. I have stuff in there that will be going to Heather to get to you. I already know some stuff you are getting but is there anything specifically that you can think of that you want sent to you? Is there any music, movies, or comics that you want me to put on a couple of dvds for you? If you would like some comics, are there any requests or do you just want me to pick some. I will also include the program needed to view the files. I could also send TV shows like "Heroes" if you would like. Let me know and as soon as I hear back, I will burn the dvds and get everything sent, either leave a comment or email me and tell me what you want.

Thats about it for now, I will post more later!

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Blondie... said...

AaaaaH! ATTACK OF THE SPAMMER!

I surely must have read over the help to get pregnant... lol

I'm glad you had a great time Mogwai and I hope y'all get to share lots of movies. :-)

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger H said...

Personally, I love looking through other people's photos even if I don't know the people involved. Those are someone's memories and it's neat to see how people react in certain moments.

Btw, this is long overdue but Kendall House was indeed my Anth professor and I ended up learning more in his class than any other class I've taken at BSU. Go fig. Did you have him?

"...I could also send TV shows like 'Heroes' if you would like."
YES, PLEASE. I don't know if Jake has seen that but I have and I'm pretty sure he'll like 'em. You're awesome for putting all this together. Is there anything I can do to return the favor? Anything from the US you'd like? Some Hoho's? Dingdongs? Dolly chocolate covered donuts?? What'll it be? I just need your addy and it's there. Plus flat-rate is surprisingly cheap and reliable. Just sent two packages today that were less than $20 total. Sweet.

Anyway, take care!

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home