Friday, October 06, 2006

Christmasy

This is really weird but I woke up this morning and it really feels like Christmas. No, I didn't buy any cool toys and I really am not looking forward to anything today but for some weird reason, if I didn't know the date, I would swear it was Christmas.

There are some factors that could attribute to my weirdness.

First, there are two kind of big tropical storms chilling off the coast of Japan right now. This has pretty much put all of Japan under a series of warnings and advisories. Fukuchiyama has gale force wind, heavy rain, and flood advisories. These are advisories, not warnings so my town isn't as bad off as a lot of others. Either way, the storms have been really messing with the air pressure.

Since the air pressure has been nutty, my sinuses are going through the roof. When I got done teaching last night, I felt kind of weird. By the time I got home and finished eating dinner, I was having full on sinus issues with the core of my head feeling like it should be much bigger than it actually is. I went from clear with a mild headache at the start of dinner to big headache, big headedness, and not tasting anything at the very end. It happened that quick. I took some stuff for it and went to sleep but the stuff I took didn't do the job as well as I would have liked. I had weird dreams last night and was waking myself up due to snoring because of the sinuses. I can't tell you how often I woke up.

So around 8:30am I got up and took some different stuff and it worked. Like, really worked. My head feels full but I don't feel pain from it and I'm slightly loopy.

Its also really quite around here save for the weather outside. The wind is blowing like mad and its making stuff bump into other stuff outside. Something also was blown over last night and made a huge crash but I don't know what it was. I am saying "stuff" a lot in this post, sorry. I am blaming the drugs.

Anywho, all of these factors culminate into the single feeling of Christmas for some odd reason. I feel really perky, maybe I am a tad higher than I thought.

7 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I mentioned to some friends that I landed tje job in Japan. After the congrats one started giggling. I asked "What's so funny?" He said: "Watch out for Kancho." I asked him what this strange beast was. Gamera? Godzilla'esq? Lay it on me. What he proceeded to tell me froze me in my tracks with shock, disgust and awe.

Can you shed some light?

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I hope you feel better soon. Maybe you're picking up the vibes from across the Pond. We've got full-scale Christmas merchandising starting to go in.

That brings up another question though. Medication? Is it over-the-counter? And in that case, in English? I'd be terrified to try anything, pictures on the box notwithstanding.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Steph - Yeah, it was in English. It was just Advil: Cold and Sinus. The kicker is that sometimes the non-drowsy pills really make me not drowsy, aka high. I took them on an empty stomach which probably didn't help either.

Peltzer - Hehehe, part of me just wants to let you find out yourself. But since I am a nice guy, I am guessing what your friend told you is true. Basically, pretend like you are playing cops and robbers and make a gun out of your two hands. Then, creep up on an unsuspecting victim and cram the barrel of that gun up their butt. That is the Kansho. Its the Japanese equivalent of the wedgy. Little boys especially are taught to do it very young. I have had three year olds try to probe me. The key is not to turn your back on anyone you suspect my be up to it. I have even heard of drunk business men doing it to each other on the trains. Its a game to them and they mean no harm by it though its annoying and somewhat intrusive. Sometimes, they will try to do a frontal version as well. And girls will also try it on occasion, suspect everyone.

The trick is to make them regret doing it. I have pretty snappy reflexes and can usually catch wrists before they thrust too far. They also don't like it when you block their charging fingers with your palm at the last second either and they end up jamming them. Kids that try this on me usually don't try for too long. I loathe it and I punish them for trying it.

Consider yourself educated. They will probably also mention it in training.

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kansho! Yikes! I think I will wear steel undies. See what those kiddies thing then. :p

So, was going back over your old posts to see what happened next. They send you out a package of sorts, I gather, and then you have to submit your work visa application or the embassy? What do you need to fill out, etc?

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Karie and Reid said...

Funny you should mention Christmas...I was going through my music and found my XMas collection. So, much to R's dismay, I decided it was time to start the countdown and celebrate with some tunes! LOL! Only 79 days to go!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Jacob Whittaker said...

I also believe other network creators are going to go through this internet page with jealousy for I'm for sure it changes their domain seem unimportant. Truly, as impossible to occur another homily as important than the ones used here with such vigor.

End results being a convergence of feelings much refined for creator! Splendor of the sky raining down for eons like a fish in the oceans!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Wow, that was pretty good, for a second I thought your comment was spam too. That has been getting worse lately, I may need to do something about it if it keeps up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home