Saturday, October 28, 2006

Been Busy

Howdy!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I am still alive but I have been a tad busy and when I have gotten home at night, I just haven't felt like posting. My weeks in Toyooka really put a drain on me and when I am not teaching, I just don't have much ambition to do anything else.

Now, comes the easy stretch. This week I have to attend two days of meetings in Kakogawa and while there, give a presentation on the history and contemporary state of the Japanese educational system. That should be pretty straight-forward and I already know what I am going to talk about. After the first day of the meeting, we are all going out and I am getting put up in a hotel so thats cool. After the second day, I have a five day weekend. I rock.

Tonight, I am going to a Halloween party in another town and meeting a guy named, Simon that I have only ever text messaged. He is a Peppy teacher that works at Maya's school and she introduced us. He sounds like he has a lot in common with a lot of my friends in the States so I am sure we will get along alright. Maya is hopefully going to show up at the party at some point and honestly, thats the only reason I am even going. My costume is "Obnoxious White Guy". Its cool because I don't require any special props and can just go as myself.

The second weekend in November, Simon is coming with me to Osaka for Nintendo World 2006. We get to play the Wii for free and see all of Nintendo's cool stuff that they aren't releasing here until December. It will also be a good time to venture to Den Den Town seeing that I haven't been there in a while. Come to think of it, I may go there before then, I am going to have a lot of free time and I may as well use it.

I will post more later as to the Halloween party went. Unless Maya shows up, I won't be staying very long because the party starts at 8pm and my last train home leaves just before 10pm. Anywho, I just figured I should check in because I haven't in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home