Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Typhoon Of A Party

I just got back home from the going away party of a couple of co-workers who have decided to go back to the real world. It was in Himeji so I had to stay the night and then make my way back today. The party was fun and had more people crammed into a small space than I have ever seen before. The neighbors were not thrilled with us but we really weren't being that loud, maybe they should build apartments with thicker walls instead of these partitions I could punch through if I desired.

During the party, a typhoon creeped in a dumped a ton of water on the area and is still doing so today. Its always fun to see the sidewalk areas turned into small ditches with water flowing down them like the sidewalk was an aquaduct instead of a pedestrian thoroughfaire.

When I got back into town, I ran by my classroom and right before I got there I was accosted by two Mormon women who, in Japanese were asking me all about my faith and where I was from. I played very dumb hoping they would go away but they were persistant and would not let language be a barrier for me to hide behind. I told them I was from Idaho and low and behold, out walks a kid that was from Burley and instantly wanted to be my pal. I wasn't trying to be rude but by the time one of them ran in to fetch this guy, I was getting short-tempered and just wanted them to go away. Thanks to Peppy, I will probably have to deal with them all the time now because my new classroom is right above their little Mormon church. Lucky me. You can never run far enough away that a missionary will not be able to bother you, it makes me weep.

Tomorrow, I am headed into Kyoto for my little date thingy with Maya and that should be fun. I hope the weather is better than it is now if we are going to go temple viewing, if not, there is always shopping.

I also found out today that the Nintendo Wii will NOT be region free as previously thought so it looks like when I come back to the States, I will be snagging another one. Here's to a modchip for the little bugger.

3 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always tell the Mormons that you moved to Japan to get away from them...

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

The thing is, the missionaries are not too bad to talk to because Japan has broken them in a tad when it comes to what the real world thinks about their "religion". That and they miss people who can speak English fluently, just like I do. The problems usually come from Japanese people that like Mormonism and are very zealous about promoting it.

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen photos of the Scientology stands... scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home