Saturday, September 09, 2006

Nothing Good Can Come of Himeji

As much as I like it's castle, shopping, and everything else, I have decided that Himeji is a bad place for me. Everytime I go there, I drink too much. Last night, was nowhere near the ballpark of a few weeks ago but I still drank too much. I think Himeji does that to me just because I do not have much of an outlet for that kind of thing in Fukuchiyama so when I visit, I go a tad nuts.

The reason for the drinking was at least a noble one, my group picked up a new teacher and we were breaking him in. His name is Jon and he is pretty cool, he has been in Himeji for a few days now and already, everyone in the bar likes him. I think it has something to do with fresh blood in the water.

Anywho, I went out last night and went to bed around 2am. I woke up at 7:30am to just my train back to Fukuchiyama and then jumped another train to get to my class by noon. That kind of travel wears me out and I am not sure why. The trains are relaxing and I like the scenery but when I have to take six of seven trains in a day, it starts to drag.

In other news, I got a new bike. This one is like a Bentley compared to the Butterfly Battle and it was only $65.00. Its called Nishiki and is one of those models that can fold up and get stowed away somewhere if need be. The only drawback to this one was whoever assembled it, put a part on that was making the bike chain clank against it everytime the chain moved. After some strategic bending, no more noise and I have a cool bike. And no, I have yet to take it off any sweet jumps. I will post pics of it tomorrow perhaps but for now, its sleepy time.

Later!

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky!

Glad you got a new bike, but pray tell, how the hell does one "fold up" a bike? Does it just get a bit shorter or do you take the tires off first?

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Oh no, this bike literally folds in half one the frame and the handle bars also collapse. Even the pedals fold up by taking out a screw. If I wanted to, I would probably be able to fit it in a large suitcase and carry it around with me. The other cool part is that it is all tooless for the most-part.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home