Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Paddy, All Grown Up

My rice paddy has reached its adult stage! All of the sprouts are now starting to get shoots that looks a little like wheat when its almost ready to be harvested. You can see grains coming out of the stocks and the plants are starting to bend slightly under their weight. I also noticed the addition of a little tag that marks each paddy. I am thinking this has something to do with harvesting but I am not sure as to what. Anywho, here are the pics:
























Not a lot else has been going on, I signed on to stay here another year. Part of me is ready to come back to the United States now, but there is still stuff here that I want to do here and I have made this place my home and I do like it here. I thought about it quite a bit and weighed the pros and cons of staying with a little more thought than I had previously put into the notion and came to the decision that staying one more year was the best option for a variety of reasons.

I have also been worrying about my "career" in teaching lately and I have done some stuff in that department that has made me feel a bit better about all of it. I now have a game plan as to how I am going to pursue my goals. This has put me at ease a tad.

Anywho, I am in the middle of lunch and then I have to get ready to teach today. My classes today are some of my most evil and I am mentally steeling myself for the onslaught that will sweep over me in a few hours. Other than the rice stuff, not a lot to say. A coworker and I went Geocaching but we could not find the cache so that sucked but it was a nice day and it was good to get out for a bit. Starting Sunday, I have four days off so I may try to do some more Geocaching then. I want to get out of this house for a while during those days off and I may go into Kyoto for a bit. We'll see. Anywho, I need to take off, see ya later!

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Blondie... said...

Another year eh? Thats awesome...

Looks like that vacay to Japan might happen now that I for sure have somewhere to crash...hehehe

;)

Um, I know I'll sound totally stupid...

You have a rice paddy?

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

I adopted a rice paddy that is a couple of blocks from my house. I think some old people actually own it. When ever I see the guy, he scowls at me and whenever I see his wife tending her garden she happily talks to me. Its funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home