Thursday, August 10, 2006

Messed Up Dream

I am in some service tunnels behind some kind of memorial to MLK. I know I am at an MLK memorial because in the room I'm in are two 9x3ft. rotating cylinders that have his "I have a dream," speech inscribed on them in cursive, lit from the inside out as to throw the wording from the cylinders on to a wall.

Not a lot of people have come into these tunnels lately but for some reason, I am there and am figuring out the mechanical workings of each cylinder. The walls of the room and the tunnel system are a light, rust-colored, orange and the whole setup is glowing with a golden light. You can see dust floating in the air and its warm. For one reason or another, I am very comfortable in these tunnels and I think part of that has to do with the fact that I am not supposed to be there.

Somewhere toward the tunnel system entrance, I hear a door slam open. I know this means that the tunnel's keeper has arrived with his pet. I need to hide and fast. His pet is a girl. She has long black hair and wears a white night gown that buttons from the front. She walks on her hands and feet, crab style, and she is very fast. I can already hear here scurrying through the passages and rooms, hunting me.

I see a series of three doors that have been ripped from their hinges and propped up against a wall. I decide to hide behind a white one in the middle that is old enough for the paint to start to creeping away from the wood, but its too late. As I am going to the door, I see her come around the corner to my left. I run.

I go through several doors and chambers. I know that what I am doing now is less about finding a place to hide and more about conjuring some distance between her and I. My plan is not working and she is gaining on me.

Right as I am about to run through a doorway, I see her standing there so I double back to my right. I see her hair flap as she bolts to the right as well. I am trapped and now she is in the doorway, savoring the treeing of her prey. I wake up.

I didn't stay awake for long and as soon as I close my eyes, I am back in that room only this time, she is nowhere in sight. Then, quickly, from below my field of vision she bursts up in front of my face. Her eyes on fire with rage and her mouth snarling several inches from my own. The next thing I know, she is at my throat, ripping it out with her teeth. She brings her head back up to mine and her mouth is dripping blood down her chin and its smeared all over her face. There is also a dainty morsel of me between her clenched jaws. I am dead. I almost always end up this way.

This is a dream I have had four or five times with variations here and there. I have only escaped once for sure but maybe twice. Usually, I die, though that is not a horribly uncommon ending for any of my dreams. What got me with this one was how vivid it was, it was pretty freakin' cool. If anyone does any of that dream analysis stuff, let me know what all of this is supposed to mean. I can't say I will believe it but at the very least, its probably something amusing.

4 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like someone has been seeing too much of Ju-oh: The Grudge on cable television.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Ha! No can do, I don't have cable and my television isn't even plugged in. Its home is in my closet. The only time I watch TV is when I am on business trips.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

I emailed you once but the email was returned to me. What do you want to know?

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

always entertaining mogwai. i haven't visited your page in a while, but i'm glad to see your well. i do think that you've been watching a little too much anime. LOL it happens to us. i used to dream about being chased by zombies. there were guns, people and a lot of karate chopping going on. when it got really scary i froze the "dream game" and continued to take out zombies. happens when you have an overactive imagination and lots of free time to watch anime, horror flicks and games. LOL take care! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home