Sunday, August 27, 2006

Killing Time

So, right now its a little after 5am and I am up and typing this. There are two reasons that I am up this early:

1) You have to go to sleep to wake up, I did not fufill this requirement.
2) Once I realized what time it was a few hours ago, I made the decision to stay up and get a morning train into Kyoto so I could get back here at a half-decent time.

Karie and Reid are coming to visit this weekend and Karie just picked up a pink Nintendo DS Lite and wants the ability to do magical, yet slightly illegal things with said DS Lite. This means that someone needs to run to either Kyoto or Tokyo to score some hardware to make that dream possible. Who knows, I may hit up Den Den Town in Osaka just to see if I can find anything there as well. I know for sure I can get what I need in Kyoto though and I don't really want to be gone all day so I may just head there and come back. That way, when Karie and Reid do come down, we don't have to spend hours in a car when we could be doing something else.

In other news, I did not have water for about four hours today. They were doing something with the pipes and turned off the water. Fortunately, I have water now but I have to be careful because whenever they mess with what they were messing with, the water pressure goes crazy for a few days. I can turn the water on low and all of the sudden hear a small explosion and have a fire hose sized gush coming from the tap. Its freaky and has scared the crap out of me on several occassions.

I also got word that my vacation time for the end of September was approved and the way my manager worked everything, I do not lose any money or need to use vacation time in order to go. I think she kind of felt like she owed me since I have been doing a few favors for her lately. Whatever works, I am going to TGS!

My hangover is now totally gone and that also makes me happy. Having a two day hangover sucks and its stupid. I didn't mean to get that wasted and it just snuck up on me really fast. I was to blame for that though, I should eat more than three cake donuts and some fries all day before drinking at night. My eating habits are really messed up and I am not sure how to fix them. Somedays, I hardly eat and others I over eat; I am having a hard time find a balance. If I had the money, I would snag a dietician for a few months. Then I would learn how to eat correctly and have someone to talk to at the same time. Wouldn't that be fun! Of course I would need an English speaking one and that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Now, I am going to jump into the shower and get ready for my trip into Kyoto. Since I am up, maybe I will grab McDonalds' breakfast. The breakfast menu is almost identical to the one in the US and this makes me happy. I love McDonalds' breakfasts for some reason.

Anywho, I am off! Have a good day and I will talk to you all later!

2 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger H said...

WARNING: FREE ADVICE BEING DISPENSED

I know a little about nutrution and I speak English...kind of. I was in and out of Weight Watchers from the age of 13 to 22 cuz I had similar eating habits.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"

They're right; it jump-starts your metabolism. Even if you don't feel hungry you should still eat something when you wake up (and this is the only meal to do this at). Don't eat cereal, it's pure sugar and will have you craving more to eat within an hour. Don't eat pastry type stuff either(bagels/muffins are not as good for you as you may think and have a similar effect as cereal).

Try mixing protein with complex carbohydrates -- like peanut butter and whole wheat toast. Not whole grain, whole wheat. It tastes better than whole grain and it's better for you. Yay.

Once there's a habit of eating something healthy in the morning, it's usually easier to follow-up with lunch, dinner, and snacks.

Atkins was onto something when he was gung-ho about protein -- it makes you feel fuller longer. So if you can, try and incorporate a little protein (cheese, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, nuts) with each meal or snack.

And the biggest thing? Try not to worry it. :)

K, getting off my little soapbox...

Take care!

Heather

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me thinks you should not be eating after midnight Mogwai. You know what could happen! :o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home