Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm Spent

Tomorrow will be the first time in nine days I have had the day off and I am so happy. I am to the point now where I have very little patients for the kids I am teaching and its not that they have been horrible, I am just tired.

Having said that, summer school went quite well and moved along quickly. I do not have a whole lot to say about it because aside from being a break from the norm, not a lot happened worth mentioning. For the past two days, I have been in a town called Kasai. Its a small town but the Japanese teacher there is very diligent and the kids lover here. They love her so much that almost every one of them attended summer school. This means big bucks for the company and a ton of work for her and I. Each day of summer school had six classes, my average up until that point had been three. Each class had an average of ten kids, my usual amount was five. Those were two long and hectic days. On top of that, the hotel I stayed at in Himeji sucked.

Usually, I stay at a place called the Sun Route Hotel and I love that place. For one reason or another they put me up in the Hotel Himeji and I hate that hotel. Its not a bad place, I just do not like it. The whole atmosphere there just rubs me the wrong way. That and the maids piss me off. When you put a "Do Not Disturb" sign out, that usually means "don't clean the friggin' room", unless you are in Japan. Then the sign means, "Maids, please wait impatiently until the guest leaves and then sneak in and clean it anyway." It drives me nuts. I know its good to be tidy and have fresh towels but seriously, when I have my laptop out and other valuables lying around, I would rather a maid not come in. The thing that irks me is not the fact that they gave me fresh towels and made the bed, but they also took the liberty to sort all of my stuff and straighten it too. They touched and moved my belongings when I told them not to come in in the first place and that makes me angry. Word to travelers in Japan, all Japanese hotels are like this. You may as well get used to having maids come into your room and straighten everything whether you like it or not.

Last night, I fell asleep on every train I rode to get back to the hotel and in my semi-conscious state, I forgot my suitcase on the first of three trains I had to ride back to Himeji. Fortunately, I was able to have someone get in touch with the train company and they found the bag and are holding it for me. I pretty much knew what train I left it on so it was easy to track down. I am going to take a nice scenic ride tomorrow to go get it.

Anywho, I am back home now and tomorrow will be a relaxing day. On Saturday, I teach three classes here in town and then I have another three days off. It will be nice to have everything mellow out a tad. I wish I had more to say but I am kind of brain-fried and the creativity tap has run dry. I figured I should just let everyone know that I am alive. I will post again tomorrow and maybe then, I will have more to say. Night Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home