Thursday, August 24, 2006

Christmas Trip

I have known for a while what I am doing for Chistmas break but I could not mention it on here because it was a surprise for someone until the other day when she found out about it.

Karie and Reid and I are going to Thailand for Christmas! Why, because nothing says "lets worship the birth of our savior" like, women in bikinis, liquor, and sunny SouthEast Asian beaches. It really is the yuletide gift that keeps on giving. While Karie may not be looking forward to the first reason for going on the trip, and Reid is not allowed to say he is, I will happily vouch that women in bikinis is a very good reason to go to Thailand for Christmas. It will be kind of like Clark Griswald's daydream while he is trapped in the attic in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

I also heard that a teaching position opened up when they extradited John Mark Karr back to the States and figured I would check up on that. :) Okay, bad joke but I had to.

Not a lot of details about the trip yet, hopefully within the next few weeks we will have some of those hammered out. I am looking forward to it though, it should be fun and it will definitely be a new place to explore. The big question is: Does Santa come to third world countries like Thailand? I would guess that he does due to the fact that there are lots of kids there and most of them are probably pretty well-behaved since they don't get a lot of time to goof off being in a sweatshop and all. I guess I shall see. :)

3 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tsk tsk. The daydream did not occur whilst in the attic my dear - he was sitting at the kitchen table after everyone else was in bed. And you call yourself a movie buff.

Santa does come to Thailand and if not, who cares? Drinks with paper umbrellas and girls in bikinis dude. Focus. Oh and take pics, I want to see the "bikini-clad dogpile on Ty" one.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Ehh, you right. He watched movies while he was in the attic didn't he? I will write off that mistake on the fact that I was a tad tipsy when I made the post. :)

As for the doggypile on Ty, I will work on it!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger H said...

Yessss, at least I'm not the only one thinking about Christmas. It's only 17 weeks and 3 days away, but who's counting? 0:o)

Sounds like an awesome vacation. Enjoy the cheap...well... everything! Don't forget that sharing is caring so be sure and take lots and lots of pictures of pretty things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home