Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Butterfly Flew Away

Well, its gone. My beloved Butterfly Battle has been kidnapped. Today, for the first time ever, I forget to take the key out of the lock when I leave to get my train and that one mistake cost me my precious.

For one reason or another, I am not overly bothered by this. Perhaps, its the fact that the breaks are getting worn out, the tires need replacing, and the light on it is busted. All of those repairs would have come to the cost I paid for the bike itself. Then there is the fact that I only paid $50 for the bike and I have only done $22 worth of maintnance to it. I bought that bike because I knew the chance of it getting ripped off was pretty good and I was not going to get an expensive bike stolen. All in all, $72 for six months worth of solid transportation isn't too bad.

I suppose I will need to get a new bike at some point but I think I am going to try to wait until I get back from Tokyo. I know that my used stuff shop always carries bikes so I am not too worried about not getting one for a reasonable price. I will miss the Butterfly Battle though. It was a good bike.

7 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Karie and Reid said...

You want us to float you down a bike from our neck of the woods this weekend? That is, providing we still have it. It's been at the eki for a week...we'll see.

It's not doing anything here, it's the spare - no gears, not too bad. Better than my squeaker.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you might be able to find your exact butterfly battle at the used stuff shop. The gangsta who stole it prob sold it to that shop.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

I am going to see what the recycle shop has probably on Sunday. I know last time I was there they had this cool looking bike called the Wild Wizard. All I know is that if US companies named their bikes like the Japanese do, they would sell more bikes. You can't turn down a Wild Wizard.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mog,
So, I mentioned that I might have the op. to teach in Japan to a friend and they mentioned this website. Unsure if you know of it but, from what I gather, it posts a lot of the odd English translations you find in Japan. Enjoy: http://www.engrish.com/

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Wild Wizard bike would rock. Those cool names sure encourage bicycling!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Peltzer, I live here. I do not need that website, trust me. :)

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then take some photos. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home