Friday, July 28, 2006

Summer School

Tomorrow will mark Day 4 of my eight day summer school marathon and I must say, its better than I expected it to be. As I thought, my worries were unfounded and teaching the classes has been a cakewalk. The parents that sat in on my fist two days were happy with the lesson and all of the kids enjoyed it as well. For some reason, the parents cannot get over the fact that I am 26 years old. Everytime I play the game where the kids try to guess how old I am, whenever the kids figure out my age, there is this gasp of awe from the parents. I am not sure whether they thought I was older or younger than 26 and I am not sure why it makes a huge difference or if its better to be older or younger. Its odd.

In other news, the new girl I mentioned a few posts ago quit or was fired yesterday. I am not sure which, maybe a bit of both. Either way, my boss's boss called me yesterday to tell me that I was now going to be teaching one of the new girl's summer school classes and that it was one of the busiest in the area. I guess there are six classes a day so that should be...something. One of my classes today had 13 kids in it and that was crazy. Most summer school classes only have four or so kids in them. The kids were very well behaved but there were too many of them to get through all that I wanted to get through without worrying about the younger kids falling behind.

Now that I am taking all of the new girl's summer school classes in Kasai, I will be in a hotel there for at least one night but probably two. Then, the next day that everyone has off, I am going to Toyooka to teach a makeup class because of the day that the rain closed the train station down. Then, I will get a day off. The second week of August, I get four days in a row off so that will be sweet. I also submitted my time off request to go to Tokyo the last week of September so I am looking forward to that as well. The two days at TGS is going to be cool. I am hoping I will be able to play the Wii before it launches.

It sucks that the new girl quit because that means the rest of us have to pick up all of her slack until her replacement arrives, which will hopefully be toward the end of August. The way I figure it though is that maybe this replacement will be better looking and acting than the previous one. As far as my boss is concerned, he will be happy if she can show up at any given place on time. I can't blame him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home