Sunday, June 04, 2006

Four Towns in Four Days

That is my upcoming week. This time of year, everyone starts to take vacations, myself included, and that means I have to substitute for peoples' classes.

Tomorrow, I am in a town called Kasai, Tuesday a place named Tamba, Wednesday is Miyazu, and Thursday is Kakogawa. I am going to be busy...actually, not that busy, just on a lot of trains and moving around a lot.

Either way, I probably won't post for the next bit because of that, so I figured I should post now.

Today, I got my new weapon against spiders and other insects. It is a .45 caliber Socom pistol with an under barrel light and silencer. That will teach those pesky creatures. Oh yeah, it shoots BBs and not lead, I should probably mention that. Since this is an apartment, I can't have slugs putting holes in the walls.

One of the fads in Japan is something called Airsoft. Basically, since most Japanese people don't own firearms, they like to pretend. You can go to stores here and pretty much pick out whatever make and model pistol, machine gun, rifle, or shotgun you want and take it home with you that day. It may not shoot live ammo but the weight, look, and feel is almost exactly the same as the real deal. There is a store in Osaka that sells a full SWAT uniform if I were to want it to go with my gun. You can pick up holsters, scopes, you name it, if it goes with a gun, these stores sell them. And the fun part, they are all legal and they are all toys. Hey, some people want to dress up like anime characters, some want to dress up like Navy SEALs.

Not a whole lot else to report, just that I am going to be busy-ish for the next little bit. My family comes to visit at the end of the month and it will be a nice vacation for me. After the next couple of weeks, I am going to need one.

5 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

aw, well have a great time!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger H said...

You mentioned in an earlier post how the Japanese react to you in all your American-ness...don't you ever just want to do the same thing to them? Point at, giggle, and generally follow 'em around?

;)

Anyway, I hope you collect more interesting stories on those train rides! Have fun, be safe, and till next time,

Heather

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home