Saturday, April 29, 2006

Vacation Time At Last

Today marked the last day that I officially have to work for about a week and a half, which means that the day after tomorrow, I am in a car on its way to Tokyo. Excellent, most excellent .

I am so excited right now and relieved that I am free of work for a bit that I kind of doubt sleep will come easily tonight. Odds are, I will end up cleaning and prepping the apartment for Karie and Reid's arrival and playing some Simcity.

Its kind of odd, this whole coming to Japan thing was something I have always wanted to do and now I am here. Going to Tokyo and hanging out for a few days is something that has been on my "to do" list for almost as long as I can remember and now I will be doing that, intermingling with its 12 million some-odd residents with my friends. Its funny to think that I have knocked these two things off my list already. But, like pirating stuff, you can never be finished with it. I have been thinking about what I will do for Golden Week next year and I am weighing the pros and cons of maybe going to Malaysia for a bit. If not Malaysia, possibly Korea...India has also been popping up on my wanderlust radar. I suppose I will figure it out when the time comes closer. If India is in the cards, I would probably go there after leaving Japan, its a tad too far to go to on a week long vacation. Since coming to Japan, if anything, my travel bug has gotten worse. There is so much to see here that I am constantly gone somewhere it seems and I go on a business trip of one sort or another almost every month as well and that takes me to new places. All of this however, does not quench my thirst to roam about. I am very torn by this, part of me wants to go back to the States and start teaching history somewhere but there is a big chunk of me that says that there is too damned much to see in the world and right now is my time to take as much of that as possible in. The only happy medium I have been able to figure out is what I am doing now and maybe working as a teacher on an Air Force base in Europe somewhere. Either way, I will be here for at least another year and then I will move on to somewhere else. As it stands now though, my next serious girlfriend is going to have to like travelling or else there will be issues. :)

Anywho, I am now on vacation. If you need to contact me, you will be able to find me in Tokyo and in a city called Takaoka, I will be staying with Karie and Reid for a bit after Tokyo. I will post throughout the trip and am warning you now to ready yourself for some visuals. Pictures will be taken with maximum prejudice. Time for a beer, Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home