Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Time To Buy Rain Gear

As I type this, it is 3am and my prefecture is under a thunderstorm advisory along with all but two or three other prefectures in all of Japan. Further South of my location, they have actually listed warnings for thunderstorms and gale force winds. There are also marine advisories all around the islands. I am not really creeped out, there have been some mean thunderstoms here and I am kind of used to them by now, but man, when the Japanese talk about thunderstorms, they are serious.

To give you an idea of what I am talking about, I am on the top floor of my apartment and my roof has padding and what not on it to dampen the sound of the rain, 95% of the time I can't hear anything and some of those times, it has been pouring out. About ten minutes ago I started to be able to hear it. I went out on my deck to take a look and it looked like all of the ocean had decided to take to the air and try to swallow Japan into its depths. There was water shooting out of gutter spouts like a foot and a half into the street. To hear the rain as I type, it sounds more like someone is pouring out a big bucket of water from the roof on to the street below than droplets of moisture hitting the concrete.

If it is like this when I wake up, I think tomorrow will be a Simcity and Sims 2 day. It always does this when I have the day off too, its annoying. Anywho, as the title suggests, I think I am going to be buying at least some minimal rain gear in the near future.

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rain gear is good! It sounds like an umbrella just won't cut it in that sort of weather anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home