Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Profile Updated

Not that it horribly matters because its not linked to this page anyways, but I have updated my blogger profile. I realized that I had not done this since I started this blog, so I have altered it slightly and updated my likes and dislikes. It seems like such a dumb thing to do because I think the whole profile thing is kind of shallow but I updated it just because I know people can search blogs based on interests. That and I was bored.

In other news, I have a new favorite cd, The Avalanches - Since I Left You. It is kind of a chill, house-ish, sounding album, but very upbeat. If I were going to throw a beach party in the South Pacific, this would be the cd that would be playing in the background. The group likes to sample a bunch of unique sources namely, Westerns, and old television shows from the early Seventies. At least that is kind of the vibe that I get from it. There is one song in particular called, Frontier Psychiatrist, that just rocks. The way the sampling is done on it is downright amusing.

Anywho, I am just killing time until classes begin. I have tiny munchkins today, three and four year olds. They are usually the cutest and funniest kids to teach though. That and the Japanese teacher comes and helps out with them and she's cool too.

4 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avalanches kick ass. You'll find that their songs turn up in the strangest of places, though. I recognised one that plays at Penneys pretty regularly. I definitely like the old-school sampling they do.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been working my way through the Cafe Del Mar stuff for the past few days, but I will definitely check Avalanches out. I see you left me one of their albums. ;)

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Japanese teacher is checking you out.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you might be amused by this - a Bentley retagged as a Huyndai. Nice, nice car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home