Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Hint Of Things To Come

Weatherwise, today is an enigma.

I awoke today somewhere around 11am and realized it was raining again and went back to sleep. My boss then woke me up around 1:30ish, it was his day at the office and he was bored. After talking to him for a bit, I looked out the window again only to see that it was still raining.

Over the past couple of days, I have been trying to get all of my mp3s off of the dvds and back on the hard drive. This has been a tedious task. Out of boredom, I began watching Ken Burn`s Civil War yesterday and before I left my place to come type this up, I had just finished the sixth episode. That means that in the last 24 hours, almost 11 of them have been spent watching the civil war. That is a damned good documentary by the way. Anywho, I was geting cabin fever and needed to get out so I came here to type on the old blog and scour the internet for a bit.

If I had not come outside, I would have guessed that the outside temperature was probably in the low fifties and windy. The clouds and the rain added to the dismality and I was not looking foward to the bike ride to this place. My guess was wrong. I got outside and was met by a warm breeze. Despite the scary looking overcast sky and the steady drizzle, it was probably almost seventy degrees out. Basically, it would have been a very nice day had the humidity not been 100%.

From what people tell me, this is kind of what summers here are like. You will be sweating yourself silly and it will be pouring rain outside with temperatures in the eighties or nineties. The weather now is almost pleasant but I fear that within a few months time I will not feel the same way.

3 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh Mogwai-san,
Sounds as though you are in a tropical heatwave! Buy fans!

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...make sure your AC is working or get a fan or swamp cooler if you dont have AC

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swamp coolers won't work in that sort of humidity, sadly; it renders them ineffective.

All in all, sounds like nice weather! Here it's been sunny in the morning, rain in the afternoon, then clear again by evening... I like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home