Monday, April 03, 2006

Biking Fukuchiyama

After yesterday's massive rainstorm, Mother Nature decided to apologize and bath the town of Fukuchiyama in warm weather. Therefore, I decided to go for a bike ride.

Part of me really wanted to go to Osaka but I figured I would save my cash and just hang out here instead. There is a bridge in town and I had never been across it or near it for that matter so I decided today was the day. It turns out that there is even more Fukuchiyama than I previously thought existed. I went through an old shopping area and by a good sized park, eventually coming to the bridge I have been able to see in the distance but have never gone to.

I crossed the bridge and upon arriving at the other side, found a cool little bike trail that followed the river. Eventually, I went through a cluster of rice paddies via a small road and ended up back in the city itself, though in a place I had never seen. I found a store call "Video in America" and the cheesy name invited me in for a look. It was just another video store so nothing special. Though, the vending machine outside the door had mint chocolate chip ice cream so that made me happy. Mint chocolate chip is hard to find in Japan and it is also my favorite flavor. For one reason or another, mint and vanilla are two flavors that the Japanese do not seem to interested in. You can find vanilla ice cream but any other vanilla products are pretty much out...including my vanilla flavored Stolli Vodka. Oh how I miss vanilla Stolli. Anywho.

After meandering through town and finding the biggest bowling alley I have ever seen, I came back to the apartment. I probably rode about 15 miles today, so not too bad of a ride. Now, I must find dinner.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be happy to purchase you some vanilla Stoli, but I daresay shipping would be a tad bit of a bitch.

Investigation commences...

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no choice but to make moonshine. Commence "Operation Blindspot!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home