Friday, April 07, 2006

Another First!

Since coming to Japan, I have had a lot of firsts. But I just did something for the first time that I have wanted to do all of my life. I CAN TOUCH MY TOES!!!!!

Ok, I know that sounds dumb but I have never been able to touch my toes. When I was little, I would go to PE class and they would have those stupid little measuring sticks to see how far you could reach and my teachers always were disappointed with me because I couldn't touch my toes. Screw you all, you lame gym teachers, I can touch my freaking toes now! Ha!

Lately, I have been stretching more, this coupled with the fact that my gut isn't what it used to be, has finally allowed me to reach a goal that I have had for a long time. I tried to do it a few minutes ago and while I am definitely not comforatble in that position and I had to bounce a tad, I did it. I think as the days go by, I will be able to do it more easily. Anywho, I know this was kind of a dumb post but I am really excited by this for some reason. Now if I could only do a pull-up...that may be a while. When I used to lift weights, my trainer said that in order to do a pull-up most people have to have less than a certain percentage of body fat and I know I am not there yet, though I can't remember what percentage it was.

Trivia Fact of The Day: In order to see your ab muscles, men have to have less than 8% body fat and women must have less than 14% body fat.

And on that note, time to go find something for dinner. :)

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went and bought 8-lb dumbells at Walmart the other day. They're too heavy, so I should really go back and get the 3-lb and 5-lb ones (they were out of those originally, which is why I got the 8-pounders), but hey. Weight training is fun. ;)

Congrats on touching your toes! I have a hard time with that too, although when I was doing yoga regularly it got pretty easy. Keep it up!

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mogwai-san, James laughed when I told him about your toes,then, he tried to touch his. Laughs on him! He couldn't reach! Must be the Japanese saki!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger H said...

That trivia isn't necessarily true. I can safely say I do not have as little as 14% body fat (ha!) but when I flex my abs it moves the multiple layers of fat above the muscles and you can see what appears to be abs. But it's not really my abs. No. Okay, yeah, the trivia is probably right. Nevermind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home